PDA

View Full Version : Canis themed 2000 point Space Wolf Army List

geneticdeviant
01-18-2010, 06:54 PM
OK heres an army list ive come up with. Your advice / constructive criticism / comments would be greatly appreciated.

HQ CHOICES:

Canis Wolfborn

TROOP CHOICES

Grey Hunters (10 man, one with plasma game, one with flamer, one with power fist) rhino 225

Grey Hunters (10 man, one with plasma game, one with flamer, one with power fist) rhino 225

Grey Hunters (10 man, one with plasma game, one with flamer, one with power fist) rhno 225

FAST ATTACK CHOICES

Thunderwolf Cavalry (5 man w/ power fist + storm shield + melta bombs) 550

HEAVY SUPPORT CHOICES

Long Fangs pack ( 6 man w/ 2 heavy bolters, missile launcher, plasma cannon and lascannon) Razorback w/ twin linked assault cannon 230

Long Fangs pack ( 6 man w/ 2 heavy bolters, missile launcher, plasma cannon and lascannon) Razorback w/ twin linked assault cannon 230

Predator w/ twin linked lascannon + side heavy bolters 130

TOTAL POINTS COST 2000

So what do you think guys? Any glaring weaknesses?

rle68
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
well long fangs with a razorback? why ?

heavy support: i live and die by vindicators with seige shields nothing better point for point

3 10 grey hunters in rhinos? i guess..... i wouldnt give them a power fist id add a wolfguard with a frost blade i know you dont get the double weapons but still

the points you save from the long fangs you add 1 LRC and have them ride in that from the wolf guard

and forget the plasmas in the hunters go for the melta

and for the thunder wolves... power fists dont do anything for me sorry.... but swinging last forget it not even with a 3+ invo save..... frost blades are better for me if they can be so equipped, but remember the rending doesnt work with any special weapon. and why on gods green earth would you give them all melta bombs if you have them with power fists ... ughhhh

slxiii
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
well long fangs with a razorback? why ?

heavy support: i live and die by vindicators with seige shields nothing better point for point

3 10 grey hunters in rhinos? i guess..... i wouldnt give them a power fist id add a wolfguard with a frost blade i know you dont get the double weapons but still

the points you save from the long fangs you add 1 LRC and have them ride in that from the wolf guard

and forget the plasmas in the hunters go for the melta

and for the thunder wolves... power fists dont do anything for me sorry.... but swinging last forget it not even with a 3+ invo save..... frost blades are better for me if they can be so equipped, but remember the rending doesnt work with any special weapon. and why on gods green earth would you give them all melta bombs if you have them with power fists ... ughhhh

A bit harsh, but mostly right i think
I prefer long fangs to vindis, long fangs are alot more durable and equally killy in my experience
You're right about the grey hunters, melta/flamer or melta/melta, or melta/wolfguard and drop the 1 attack powerfist guy. I take Mark of the Wulfen on EVERY Grey Hunter squad too, it's just too good not to take. Add that in with a wolf standard and you have a 25 point upgrade that lets your squad take on anything in the game in assault or shooting....

Also, I'm not a fan of your pred layout, TL Las and heavy bolters..... trade that for autocannon/las sponsons. This gives you more anti tank potential, a cheaper layout, and another weapon destroyed result before your tank becomes useless for tank hunting.....

Chumbalaya
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Ditch vehicles altogether, field more cav.

Unholy_Martyr
01-19-2010, 09:25 AM
First off: Canis gives you bonuses to Fenrisian Wolves...they're worth their price so take them!

Next, let us address your Thunderwolf Calvary, for that price you can field two units...so why don't you? One Storm Shield, one Thunder Hammer and one guy with Melta Bombs in each pack, and you're at 620 points...run them this way and you're golden.

Heavy Support, drop the Assault Cannons on the Long Fangs and go for 2xMissle 2xPlasma for your Long Fangs. You'll save a heap of points and be all the killier. Now the Predator, Autocannon with Lascannon Sponsons, don't need to say anymore.

Grey Hunters, drop the Power Fists and replace with Mark of the Wulfen and a Wolf Standard. This is a far better investment. For your Special Weapons, I know you're trying to take advantage of the freebies, but this is not the way to do it. Keep the weapons the same to keep them effective.

Here's a rundown of a re-write, far from perfect but a better start:

HQ CHOICES:

Canis Wolfborn

TROOP CHOICES

Grey Hunters (10 man, 2 Plasma Guns, 1 Mark of the Wulfen, 1 Wolf Standard)) rhino 220

Grey Hunters (10 man, 2 Melta Guns, 1 Mark of the Wulfen, 1 Wolf Standard) rhino 215

Grey Hunters (10 man, 2 flamers, 1 Mark of the Wulfen, 1 Wolf Standard) rhino 210

Fenrisian Wolves 13 195

FAST ATTACK CHOICES

Thunderwolf Cavalry (4 man w/ 1 Thunder Hammer + 1 storm shield + 1 w/melta bombs) 265

Thunderwolf Cavalry (4 man w/ 1 Thunder Hammer + 1 storm shield + 1 w/melta bombs) 265

HEAVY SUPPORT CHOICES

Long Fangs pack ( 5 man w/ 2 missile launchers,2 plasma cannon) Razorback 175

Long Fangs pack ( 5 man w/ 2 missile launchers,2 plasma cannon) Razorback 175

Predator w/ Autocannon & Lascannon Sponsons 130

TOTAL POINTS COST 1997

Try that out and you should be pleased with the results.

rle68
01-19-2010, 10:29 PM
A bit harsh, but mostly right i think
I prefer long fangs to vindis, long fangs are alot more durable and equally killy in my experience
You're right about the grey hunters, melta/flamer or melta/melta, or melta/wolfguard and drop the 1 attack powerfist guy. I take Mark of the Wulfen on EVERY Grey Hunter squad too, it's just too good not to take. Add that in with a wolf standard and you have a 25 point upgrade that lets your squad take on anything in the game in assault or shooting....

Also, I'm not a fan of your pred layout, TL Las and heavy bolters..... trade that for autocannon/las sponsons. This gives you more anti tank potential, a cheaper layout, and another weapon destroyed result before your tank becomes useless for tank hunting.....

Long fangs more durable than a vindicator? not sure ill buy that one but to each his own :)

bobdole4eva
01-22-2010, 09:31 AM
While its probably irrelevant now, you should know that only 1 Cavalry member can have a PF, you seem to have given it to all 5 in your first list. Because of this, 1 set of melta bombs is good to make them all different.