PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Daemon List for local Tourney

MetalStorm4786
01-19-2010, 07:08 AM
So I've been tossing around 3 lists I'm thinking about bringing to a local 1250 singles tourney. Last tourney was 1250 doubles and I paired my Daemonzilla list with a Nidzilla list and we would have taken 1st had it not been for some personal things that forced us to drop out early. So I'm hoping my 1250 Daemons will do well on thier own.

Here are the 3 lists I'm tossing around. Keep in mind I only own Mono-Khorne stuff aside from the Heavy Choices.

List 1: 1250
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters
Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Wings, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies and Noxious Touch
Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Wings, Iron Hide, Cloud of Flies and Noxious Touch
(Considering breaking the 20 Bloodletters up into 3 squads to allow wave 1 to be all 4 MC's)

List 2: 1246
Bloodthirster with Blessing of the Blood God
Bloodthirster with Blessing of the Blood God
8 Bloodletters
8 Bloodletters
Soul Grinder with Phlegm
Soul Grinder with Phlegm
Soul Grinder with Phlegm

List 3: 1250
Bloodthirster
Bloodthirster
4 Bloodcrushers
10 Bloodletters
10 Bloodletters
Soul Grinder
Soul Grinder

Normally I would just try out each list and see how they do, but I'm not going to be able to get too many games in by the time the tourney rolls around. So I'm looking for advice about what this will do well against and where it needs improvement, not so much pointing out the obvious, like I only have 2 fragile troop choices to grab objectives. Thanks!

Chumbalaya
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
1st or 2nd for sure, just drop the Bletters for PBs. You can field 4 units of 5 PBs and drop all your MCs turn 1. Even 5 PBs can take a lot of punishment and are ideal for grabbing objectives.

SlavesToDarkness
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Depends upon how much melta-love there is where you are. If there's lots, take #1, if not then take #2.

I suggest dropping Iron Hide from the princes and giving them Daemonic Gaze (all my Nurge Princes Have Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Gaze, Cloud of Flies and Noxious Touch). Definately drop the blood letters in either list in favor of Plague Bearers (especially list #2) because they won't be killing people that much (it's what the big guys are for).