PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point competative list.

gcsmith
01-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Hey all, im trying to come up with a nice friendly, but competative list which is fun to play.

So to kick us off

HQ: Swarmlord, sorry but he is worth his points especially when you see the rest of my list.

Troops: 2x tervigons with catalyst and 1 with adrenal and one with toxin to share the love
2x 10 termigaunts to allow me to have those scoring bad boys and to be harrasment

Fast attack: 2x 10 gargoyles with toxin sacs, to take out big creatures and to tie up things

heavy: 2 trygons with with adrenal to give some nice anti tanks

elites: death leaper for some synergy.

This comes at 1460 and have some points. :P epic cool
This army has some nice synergy and some nice skills, It also goes to what i believe is the tyranids strengths, combat.
Any opinions.

gcsmith
01-19-2010, 12:31 PM
so any ideas.

Chumbalaya
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
You don't have much of anything to hurt vehicles. A mech army will kill the Trygons (not hard since they're the only real threat) and go from there.

Look into Hive Guard, Zoeys in Pods, Raveners/Gargs/Stealers with adrenal glands (massed S5 can do it), Tyrannofexes or even massed HVC to nail armor so your bugs can munch on the gooey bits inside.

gcsmith
01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
hmm nice advice but i just dnt like the shooting, its so many points and then i have nothing to kill the things inside with. also i find it hard to believe that in just 1500 they will get the trygons dead. especially if i keep them on the board and have 5 monstrous creatures all at once, even tervigons own vehicles in combat.