PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Guard

Defiance
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi guys, wondering what you think of this for an up coming tournament.

HQ:

Company Command Squad
Plasma Pistol (Company Commander)
4x Plasmaguns (Veterans)
Officer of the Fleet
Chimera
Extra Armour

Troops:

Infantry Platoon:

Platoon Command Squad
4x Flamers (Guardsmen)
Chimera
Extra Armour

3 of:
Infantry Squad
Autocannon

Veterans
3x Meltaguns
Demolitions

Veterans
3x Meltaguns
Demolitions
Chimera
Extra Armour

Fast Attack:

Valkyrie
Multiple Rocket Pods
Heavy Bolters

Hellhound
Hull Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Sponson Plasma Cannons

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Sponson Plasma Cannons

2x Basilisks

1750pts

Regards B

SlavesToDarkness
01-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Love it. But drop the extra armor from both vehicles. and DEFINATELY drop the heavy bolters from the Valkyrie (they are USELESS). Use the saved points to upgrade one Leman Russ to an Executioner with Plasma Sponsons and a Heavy Flamer.

Other than that, it's pretty solid.

Lord Azaghul
01-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Love it. But drop the extra armor from both vehicles. and DEFINATELY drop the heavy bolters from the Valkyrie (they are USELESS). Use the saved points to upgrade one Leman Russ to an Executioner with Plasma Sponsons and a Heavy Flamer.

Other than that, it's pretty solid.

I mostly agree. I've been running my Valk with the HB's lately. Its actually a great buy for 10 points! 6 S5 Shots! The total load out makes for a great amount of anti infantry firepower.

Its a solid list in either case!

SlavesToDarkness
01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Lord Azghal has a point here and that load-out will be devastating against infantry. But I still urge you to drop them in this case (it's easy to make them removable if you want to add them back later). A Plasmacutioner will absolutely wreck house and I always advocate having at least one - especially in an all-comer list.

Bard of Twilight
01-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Executioners are sexy, and so is this list of yours. I'ld consider about replacing Valkyrie with Vendetta.:)

Mycroft Holmes
01-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I hope your list does well, because the 2k pt list i'm building is VERY similar.

Company Command Squad
Power Sword
Medipack
3 PlasmaGun

Chimera Armoured Transport
Extra Armour

Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad
3 Flamer
Vox Caster

Chimera Armoured Transport
Extra Armour

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher
Vox Caster

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher
Vox Caster

Infantry Squad
Grenade Launcher

Heavy Weapons Squad
Las Cannons

Heavy Weapons Squad
Las Cannons

Heavy Weapons Squad
Mortars

Veteran Squad
Power Fist
3 Melta guns

2 Scout Sentinel
LasCannon
Hunter Killer missile

2 Hellhound

Valkyrie Assault Carrier Squandron
Multiple Rocket Pod

Leman Russ Demolisher
LasCannon
Plasma Cannons

Leman Russ Executioner
LasCannon
Heavy Bolters

Manticore

Defiance
01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Firstly I'd like to thank you all for your replies:)

I've tried the Executioner before and was a little disappionted with it to be honest. But I'm willing to have another go with it. Seeing as I've been play testing this list, and variants of, for about 9 months now, what's another couple of weeks:rolleyes:.

Found the heavy bolters on the Valkyrie rather useful (sorry SlavestoDarkness), watching people cringe as you roll a hand full of dice against them:D. I do have another Valkyrie sitting there not doing much... And i have been thinking it'll be cool to have a Vendetta.....

Mycroft Holmes wish you all the best:)

SlavesToDarkness
01-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, try the Plascutioner (and anything else you ever try out) a bunch of times before judging it. You just can't beat it for killing infantry. 5 templates cover enough area to scare orks and guants while S7 AP2 can destroy even Terminators or Monstrous creatures.

CaptainSinon
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
yeah it still hurts a little when i think back to my beautiful ork horde being shredded by one tank.... i ended the game with 2 models left out of 150+ (but one by one kill point ;))