PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Fists @1500 and 1850.

Dark_Templar
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
CF without Kantor? Well IMHO I would replace the majority of the tacs with scouts and replace Lysander with Kantor.

I prefer to run a fluffy CF list though, I feel they are one of the few chapters that lend themselves well to fluffy army lists.

DT.

edit: I would also have as many fists as humanly possible. But that is just me.

Crimthaan
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Here are two lists I've beent thinking up. The 1500 list beat Daemons yesturday. 1850 list is theoretical, I would need to buy 5 more assault Terminators for the LC, and the two Predators. Please comment.

1500 Point List!
The 1500 point list is meant to be a very short range firepower army. Lysander is in the drop-pod with the Sternguard and the Librarian.

HQ:
[200] Darneth Lysander
[150] Space Marine Librarian Epistolary. Null-Zone, Vortex of Doom.

Elites:
[250] Sternguard, 7x. Powerfist, 3x Combi-Melta.
-Drop Pod

Troops:
[220] Tactical Squad, 10x. Power Weapon, Flamer, Missile Launcher.
-Rhino
-Rhino
-Rhino
[116] Scout Squad. 6x. 5xSniper Rifles, 1 Heavy Bolter, Camo-Cloaks.

Heavy Support:
[120] Predator. Auto-cannon, Lascannon Sponsons.
Total Points: 1496.

1850 List!
1850 list is also a short ranged firepower army, but with an Alpha Strike assault Element with the Terminators. Lysander is in the Pod with the Sternguard.
HQ:
[200] Darneth Lysander
[130] Chaplain. Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter.

Elites:
[285] Sternguard, 8x. Powerfist, 3x Combi-Melta.
-Drop Pod, Locator Beacon.
[400] Terminator Assault Squad. 5xTH/SS, 5xLC.

Troops:
[220] Tactical Squad, 10x. Power Weapon, Flamer, Multi-Melta.
-Rhino
-Rhino
-Rhino

Heavy Support:
[85] Predator: Auto-Cannon, Heavy Bolters.
[85] Predator: Auto-Cannon, Heavy Bolters.

Total Points: 1845.

Crimthaan
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Well, my fluff reason behind having Lysander in there is The Imperial Fists sent their best Captain (Lysander) to aid Kantor in rebuilding the Chapter, as they are a 2nd founding and highly successful Imprerial Fists Successor chapter.

I do like power fists, I have three Sgts modeled with them, but I'm beginning to think they are too much of a point sink. Also, if you get assault by anything that you need a power fist to kill then you did something wrong with that Tactical squad, at least in my opinion and experiance.

Cryl
01-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Mostly little things that I'd change tbh...

Vortex of Doom without terminator armour is always a little risky imo and a single pod of sternguard is a really expensive fire and forget bomb (I'm not a fan of the throw away unit though so it's down to playstyle a little).

Power weapons have always felt a little like a waste of points on a tactical sgt for me, it's 2 S4 attacks that ignore armour whereas for another 10 you can hit at S8 with a fist which also stops you getting chomped by something you can't hurt. I'd also be tempted to change out some missile launcher / flamer combos for multimeltas but that depends on the level of high AV mech you play against.

For your 1850 list the assault termie mass is overkill, anything it hits is dead, your problem will be that you're going to lose a few on deepstrike. I'd strongly consider dropping some termies and possibly one of the dakka preds (although they're amazing for their points cost) and taking a LRC to deliver your assaulty death, that gives you a few more options for delivering lysander and or the libby who I would definately stick in termie armour with a storm shield in this case.

Opinions and, as always, YMMV