PDA

View Full Version : Studio Workshop - How to: Add Rivets to Minis

UselesswizarD
07-14-2014, 05:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwU7MqBwM5I

Welcome back to the Studio Workshop!

This week we're showing you how to add some fantastic looking rivets to your models. We first encountered this idea on the Dakkadakka forums (sadly, we can't remember who it was.) and since then we've seen this technique used all over the internet in project after project. Based around simple glass spheres used in scrapbooking, this technique is full of possibilities. The rivets could be for riveted armor (DIY Mk6 Space Marine shoulder pads ;-)), icons made from rivets, rivet-like buttons on a coat or leather armor, etc, etc. Whatever you end up doing with them they're sure to add a little extra something to your minis.

Next week we're learning how to drybrush brass so keep your eyes to your Subscribed feed!

Thanks for watching! If you liked this video, please subscribe and like our channel. If you found the video useful, please share it with your friends! To keep up to date with everything Game Face Nation is up to. please sign up for our newsletter over at www.gamefacenation.com It'll be worth it, we promise!

Until next time, get your game face on!

spagunk
07-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the video and article. Nice, easy how-to.

Harley
07-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Very nice, I can't believe I didn't think of such a simple solution to rivets.

I've always wondered how to get good dimple type rivets since almost every tutorial involves slicing rods for small dot type rivets. I prefer your method.

40kGamer
07-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Very nice! I've used a couple other methods but this one looks great! Easier to control position with the guide holes and less likely to pop off due to the surface area glued down. Thanks for sharing! :)

UselesswizarD
07-16-2014, 03:01 PM
@spagunk - You're very welcome!

@Harley - I'm glad to hear that my video has helped you out! I and the of the GFN would love to see any pics of any project you use this on. Feel free to add them in this thread or on our FN page: www.facebook.com/gamefacenation

@40kGamer - You're welcome! In my experience, the guide holes made with the hobby knife ae pretty much a life saver when it comes to this technique and drilling out barrels as well.