PDA

View Full Version : Monsterpocalypse Madness

athanor
01-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi all- I guess I got the Privateer Press game bug, as I'm now building up a Monsterpocalypse force. My question- anybody out there play Subterrrans? Any thoughts as to how they play? I want to pick up a strong, playable force that is relatively forgiving for the new player. Other suggestions are welcome-
thanks!

GentleBen
01-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I wish I could hep more but Rise was as far as I got with MonPoc. Its a fantastic game with lots of fun pieces and great rules, but I'm a painter/modeller at heart so in backwards kind of way I'm actually getting less for my money when I play a game where everything comes completely assembled and painted. Fortunately there are official MonPoc forums (http://forums.monsterpocalypse.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=37e15e1f560854ddd35b9c762e6f4721), where you will hopefully find some helpful folks.

Extinction Angel
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Well Subterrans aren't very forgiving. But they can be very fun to play.

Both monsters are aggressive and in-your-face. Most people prefer Grindix over Drillcon. They are both brawling monsters that use very tough units to attack the enemy monster as well.

Subterrans have very little shooting, but they share an Agenda with the Cthul force so you can use their units at no additional spawn cost, and they have more shooting.

athanor
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the tip about the forum- somehow I've missed that.