PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Tyranid Army

Erazoender
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Alright guys, here is my first attempt at a new army in the new Codex. Since there are so many things that I want to fit in it, I don't think I could limit myself to only 1500 points as I usually do. I'm instead going to make a 1750 list for starters and work from there.

So let me know at what you guys think.

Tervigon + Catalyst + Toxin Sacs + Cluster Spines = 185
Tervigon + Catalyst + Toxin Sacs + Cluster Spines = 185

3x Hive Guard = (x)
3x Zoanthropes = (x)
Doom of Malan'tai + Drop Spore = 130

8 Genestealers = (x)
8 Genestealers = (x)
8 Genestealers = (x)
15 Termagaunts = (x)
15 Termagaunts = (x)
15 Termagaunts = (x)

20 Gargoyles = (x)

Trygon Prime = 240

What do you guys think? I was thinking of dropping the three Termagaunt broods in favor of two Devilgaunt broods of 11 gaunts each... not sure however on what's a good idea.

Erazoender
01-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Annnnyone?

Magos Bellum
01-24-2010, 08:03 PM
The list looks pretty good on paper, but it seems like you may suffer from a lack of mutual support if you don't get lucky with reserves or deployment. The Gargoyles will either get slowed down, or be stuck out in front and be shot to shreds, if the Doom or the Trygon Prime (assuming it's tunneling in) may or may not come in at the right time or on target, and, for example, if the Trygon Prime gets stuck in the middle of an Imperial Guard gunline, it will do some damage and then immediately die to massed firepower that wasn't being directed elsewhere. Same principal with the Doom and the Genestealers (if you outflank them). On the other hand, if everything hits the enemy line (or blob or scattered mass of vehicles, whatever it happens to be), there will be vast carnage unless your dice detest you, and you do something improbable like rolling 80 ones in a row.

In conclusion, try playtesting it and see what happens.

ETJ
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
would consider moving one of the tervs to troops so it's scoring. losing a bunch of terms can either fund a drop pod for zoans or something else. a devgaunt upgrade maybe. not sure cluster spines are worth it on the tervs.

if you swap do that, swap the hq terv for a tyrant and buy biovores, you've basically got my list x)

Ivellos
01-26-2010, 10:51 PM
I think if your going to use that many Genestealer Squads its almost time to start looking at the Swarm Lord. for 280 you can get a few sick benefits +1 to reserves and re-roll which side of the table you come in on. So you have a REALLY good chance that your squads will come in quick and come in where you want them.