PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf Tourny 1500

Erazoender
01-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Here is what I used in a recent tournament, and I found that it fared quite well. It's not the most amazing tournament list, but I find it is a nice balance between competitiveness and fun. I enjoy using this army and it won me all of the games I played. (well tied the first game, but I forgot about the two dreadnoughts! They would have changed the tide of the battle quite immensely) The only thing I'm tied in between is dropping the meltaguns for flamers on the Grey hunter units... I find that tanks are not too much of a problem. But at the same time they do save my *** every game.... so I think it's safe to keep them. It's just flamers are so wonderful....

But anyways.

Let me know on what you think of this. I have 6 points remaining... not sure how useful this would be.

HQ: 210
Rune Priest Gylif: 100
- Rune Priest
- Jaws of the World Wolf
- Tempests Wrath

Rune Priest Loki: 110
- Rune Priest
- Chooser of the Slain
- Murderous Hurricane
- Living Lightning

Elites: 324
Wolf Guard Pack: 114
- Arngrim: Power Fist
- Hoskuld: Power Fist
- Leiknir: Power Fist
-
Dreadnought: 105
- Dreadnought

Dreadnought: 105
- Dreadnought

Troops: 565
Grey Hunter Pack: 185
- 8 Hunters
- Meltagun
- Power Fist
- Rhino
- Arngrim
- Loki

Grey Hunter Pack: 185
8 Hunters
- Meltagun
- Power Fist
- Rhino
- Hoskuld
- Gylif

Grey Hunter Pack: 195
- 9 Hunters
- Flamer
- Power Fist
- Rhino
- Leiknir

Heavy Support: 395
Vindicator Battle Tank: 115
- Vindicator

Vindicator Battle Tank: 115
- Vindicator

Long Fang Pack: 165
- 6 Long Fangs
- 3 Missile Launchers
- Lascannon
- Plasma Cannon

Totals to 1494

bobdole4eva
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Honestly I would give the Long Fangs 5 Missile Launchers, saving you a further 25pts, giving you 31 spare. 15 of this could go towards 2 combi-meltas and a combi-flamer for the Wolf Guard and the last could upgrade either your dreadnoughts or your rune priests.

If I was going even further, I would remove one dreadnought, give the other a drop pod and use the spare points for a Wolf Guard in TDA with a Cyclone Missile to add to the Long Fangs. This should leave roughly 20pts spare for upgrades

Good Hunting

Unholy_Martyr
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I second bob on the change for the Long Fangs, with the Vindicators you don't have to worry much about AP2. I also agree on the modifications to the Wolf Guard in terms of the Combi-Weapons.

One change I would definitely make would be to change all of the Power Fists in the Grey Hunter Squads to Mark of the Wulfen. You get more mileage out of them and having one guy striking last is enough. This frees up 30 points, combined with the 10 points before you now have 40 points, include the extra left over from the list and you have 46 points.

Its arguable what to do with those points. My personal choice would either to give the Rhinos Extra Armor or give the Long Fangs a Razorback for additional firepower.

That's just my take on it. Go get some!