PDA

View Full Version : Today I am starting to question one rule with my army plague swords.

Xaric
07-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Apparently a person in my game group told me i am not allowed to use there posion attacks because plague swords is a magical item and it does say magical items cant use posion attack in the big rule book. This is odd to give a weapon this rule but disallow to use it just because the rule is poorly written...

He allowed me to use it anyway so that was nice of him but still did they not proof read some of thease rules to make sure they dont contridict itself?

Wildeybeast
07-22-2014, 06:52 AM
I thought the poison rule came from the plague sword? I think the confusion here is where a model has the poison rule and then takes a magic weapon. In that case, no they don't get poisoned attacks with the weapon. Where a magic weapon itself has the poisoned rule, then any attacks made with it are indeed poisoned. There is a distinction between a model having poison rule, in which case all it's attacks (barring spells and magic weapons) benefit, and the rule coming from a specific weapon, in which case only attacks made with it are poisoned. In this case the rules are fine, you and your friend have just misunderstood them a bit.

Xaric
07-22-2014, 04:04 PM
i guess so also if i gave them razor standard on the herald of nurgle BSB would that meen the plague swords have armour Pearcing too?

Wildeybeast
07-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Yes. Based on the wording of the razor standard, all their attacks have armour piercing and unlike with poisoned there is no restriction on magic weapons in the armour piercing rule.

Metacarpi
07-29-2014, 06:16 AM
No, whoever told you that is lying through their teeth - the poisoned attacks of the Plaguebearers COMES from the Plaguesword.

I'm not sure about the Razor Standard, would have to check the wording. Although personally I find the Banner of Discipline and Standard of Swiftness much better options.

Worth noting that Plaguebearers can't benefit from the Flaming Banner though, as this specifically doesn't effect magical weapons. This alos applies to the Drones, and to Bloodletters/Crushers, although the mounts do benefit in the case of the Drones and the Crushers.