PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt competitive eldar list, cant decide how to spend the last 95pts

bobdole4eva
01-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Eldrad Ulthran [210]

Farseer - Fortune, Jetbike [115]
5 Warlocks - Jetbikes, Embolden, 3 Destructor, Enhance [275]

10 Guardians - Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden [125]

10 Guardians - Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden [125]

5 Dire Avengers [60]

Falcon - Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields [185]

Wraithlord - Bright Lance, EML [155]

Wraithlord - Bright Lance, EML [155]

TOTAL: [1405]

Basically this is my tournament list at 1500, and it works very very well. My only problem is I can't decide how to spend my last 95pts. I have a few options that I can't choose between. The first is to give the Guardians BLs and add an extra man to each unit (46pts) and add a bare Jetlock to the Council (45pts), the second is to give the Farseer Doom and Spirit Stones, and then either upgrade the Guardians and add an Emboldenlock (50pts), and the final option is to add 2 Warlocks, one bare and 1 with Embolden (95pts)

Let me know which you would think is best!

Requiemnex
01-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Well Seeing as you are pretty set on your list.. I would look at getting a basic wave serpent. Something of that nature. Your army has 2 mobile units and as long as you through enough fire at either one of them they will go down. A majority of your scoring units are sloggers and that takes away from the HUGE advantages that make eldar what they are.. Mobility.. Just my 2c.

At 1500 points you only have 2 anti mech units as well. Maybe consider putting spears on your warlocks and farseer. Or maybe Guide? That way you can ensure that the wraithlords hit.

Chexmix282
01-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd go for 10 Guardians w/ a Scatter Laser. 95 pts.

Although i really do think you need more of a mechanized presence. I would consider dropping Eldrad and using the 305 points now available to you to purchase 2 TL BL Wave Serpents for the Guardians. Or even Scatter Laser Serpents, as they are better at busting Rhinos. If you make this change you should drop the Scatter Lasers on the Guardians down to Shuriken Cannons and ditch the Walocks. Then use the points to get your Seer Council up to 8 Warlocks. I would also double up on Embolden and Enhance, as this is your only combat unit and it should be destructive and reliable.

Hope that helps!

davel
01-23-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't think upgrading guardians with bright lance pay off. But with the number of guardians and scatter lasers doom might help. Though guide does give a better kill ratio ( guardians more likely to miss than fail to wound) it does not suit your seer council to hang back.
2 options I can think of is a unit of rangers or jetbikes both will add troops, my choice will be jet bikes as they are more flexible in taking objectives.

You have left out 1 essential runes of warding. With out this lash prince armies will tear you apart. not to mention space wolfs . We are also seeing in new codexs abilities that lower leadership as well as pshycic protection . death leaper/ shadow of the warp will ruin your day. runes of witnessing are now going up in my estimation though embolden does help.

Dave l

bobdole4eva
01-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Thanks for the comments people, I know I don't have much Mech or much speed but trust me when I say it works out very well and I'm not worried about it.

Eldrad comes with Runes of Warding, there's no need to buy a second set for the Farseer.

Chexmix282
01-23-2010, 06:33 AM
If you are going to stick with foot Guardians then i would definitely try to get some more Warlocks on that council. I really can't stress this enough... It is your only CC unit and will be attracting a LOT of attention. It will be able to withstand an disproportional amount of your opponents firepower, but you want to make sure they can get into CC with enough numbers.

Does Eldrad hang back and Fortune/Guide the Guardians/Wraithlords?

bobdole4eva
01-23-2010, 07:31 AM
If you are going to stick with foot Guardians then i would definitely try to get some more Warlocks on that council. I really can't stress this enough... It is your only CC unit and will be attracting a LOT of attention. It will be able to withstand an disproportional amount of your opponents firepower, but you want to make sure they can get into CC with enough numbers.

Does Eldrad hang back and Fortune/Guide the Guardians/Wraithlords?

Yes he does, he sits in the Falcon and Spams either Fortune or Guide on whosoever needs it the most. I agree with you which is why I am going to add the 2 more Warlocks to the unit.