PDA

View Full Version : revised 1500 niddy goodness

gcsmith
01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Yh i know another, however I believe each list deserves a topic due to the nature of the list changing plus u dnt revive old threads etc. Anyway. Heres wat I have planned. The idea of this list is to create a pain in the bum target prio, do i shoot the trygons, the guants or the other monstrous creatures. Each choice has to cost the enemy just as much as it costs me. so heres the list.

HQ: Tervigon with catalyst, the template spines, adrenal and toxin (195)

Troops: 2x tervigons with same as above (390)
2x 10 gaunts (100)
2x 20 horms with toxin (320), my thoughts is wounding on 4s is better than wounding on 6s even if you could wound on 3s sometimes, especially as it gives me some monster hunters

Heavy: 2x trygons with adrenal. (420)

This totals at 1425 giving me 75 points to play with, obv i can put one ter as hq and get rid of 50 points etc for some stuff. now i know i lack some AT at range so any ideas what i should do.
Also should i deepstrike my trys or will it be better to move them up usually?

gcsmith
01-23-2010, 11:49 AM
After testing this against wat i would call a par marine list, I have several comments, Tervigons are poo, 160 points seem cheap but when the gaunts die, die die, and give ur opponent the win due to KP its rubbish, and at 160 they are worth a great chunk as they need 195 points at least to be affective sum what at other rolls.
The Trygon is awesome, even if it doesn't deep strike. Hormies are pricey for little use, At S3 and most armies mech they arnt cost effective so am gonna look at the other units in the book, and try a better list

gcsmith
01-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Hm how about this list

105 Niddy prime with adrenal glands lashwips and bone sword
140 Deathleaper
180 2x zoans with pod with venom cannon
50 10 termigaunts
50 10 termigaus
360 2x terv with adrenal and toxin
210 trygon with adrenal
210 trygon with adrenal

1485. so 15 points to spare but no idea wat to spend it on
So is this list ok and does anyon think its competative

davel
01-30-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm not so sure about these tervigons. I think they are a good choice but not to max out on. Yes you have 6 troops with the ability to make more. but you only have 3 synapse creatures so can only hold reliably 3 objectives.
then it becomes easy for opponents too many little guys to take down. Mash the tervigons. removes a troop choice. inflicts massive casualties on guants who with out synapse will probably run. With your list they can't move away from tervigons.

tervigons seem to slow to be a close combat threat, their best gun seems to be a big threat to their own gaunts ( may be not a big issue for a nid player but i play eldar so don't like dropping templates on my own side).apart from the extend synapse most powers seem to bring guants towards it's deth nell.
I think these things work best in seize ground where they can head towards objectives and sit on them. forcing opponents to shift them while limit less gaunts head off to cause objective seizing head aches for opponent.

I think the trick to mastering the codex is getting the synapse to troop ratio right as they almost amount to the same thing

I would go for a shooty Hq to hold back ti c and c missions and consider a trygon prime to make sure homaguants stay on objectives if needed. alternativley may be cheaper to replace homoguants with stealers who don't need synapse.
I am assuming the plan is to use trygon tunnels to help seize objectives in capture and control (it be rude not to)

dave l

gcsmith
01-30-2010, 02:59 AM
U seen my latest list? i havnt maxed out their :P

The other guy
01-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Hm how about this list

105 Niddy prime with adrenal glands lashwips and bone sword
140 Deathleaper
50 10 termigaunts
50 10 termigaus
360 2x terv with adrenal and toxin
210 trygon with adrenal
210 trygon with adrenal

1485. so 15 points to spare but no idea wat to spend it on
So is this list ok and does anyon think its competative

I think you have 4 troop choices, which can hold 2 objectives pretty well. I think the trygons are pretty nasty, but if i had the points i would make them primes. Think about maybe making one a prime and one a mawloc?
The nid prime wont do much unless you get him into combat. Put him in a unit with the zoans and then split away after they land?

Generally, i think it is a good list for gaming at a local club. There is nothing really wrong with this list. It depends on your own tactics and abilities.
Personally i like to play a bit more agressive, this list looks a bit passive to me.

gcsmith
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Hmm anything u suggest to make it more agressive? I could swap 2 tervs for 2 harpies with twin heavy venom :p

The other guy
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
If you have 2 Tervs, they will mainly only be going 6inchs (as they will be making termies), and the paid for termies will be sticking with them to get their nice bonuses.

I would maybe only switch one for a harpy. That way you have a strong MC troop to hold an objective while you attack more with the trygons, harpy and zoan pods.

gcsmith
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
cool ill take that into account