PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer World redevelopment

Wildeybeast
07-29-2014, 04:37 AM
Warhammer World is being redeveloped. http://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2014/06/19/warhammer-world-redevelopment-work/

Now I'll admit this doesn't tell you much, but I have managed to get a bit more info from the staff there. They were very tight lipped about exactly what is being done, but it sounds like a lot more than just a facelift.

There will be no events at WW for the next year as the gaming hall is being reduced down to about 20 tables whilst the work takes place. When finished, the suggestion was there will be a lot more to see and do there, significantly more than is currently on offer. A friend of mine has said there are rumours floating about that they intend to move games day there when the renovations are complete (season according to taste). Using my noggin, there is little room for them to expand the footprint of the building, so I reckon they must be going upwards. The gaming hall currently has a very large ceiling, so they could easily fit another floor in there, doubling the space on offer, which gives them scope to do a lot more.

In summary, it seems clear GW is making significant investments into enhancing their home and quite possibly looking to further centralise their events.

Mr Mystery
07-29-2014, 04:52 AM
I heard they're putting in a Roller Coaster. Themed along a Warp Jump.

Well. I say heard. Should say 'heard from that little voice in my head the Doctor said on no account am I to listen to'.

Wildeybeast
07-29-2014, 05:28 AM
I have heard some wild speculation that they are getting rid of the Empire castle theme In the gaming hall and making it 40k, but that would make little sense with a dwarf bar there.

Wolfshade
07-29-2014, 05:58 AM
I have heard some wild speculation that they are getting rid of the Empire castle theme In the gaming hall and making it 40k, but that would make little sense with a dwarf bar there.

You mean the space dwarf bar: no squatting

Mr Mystery
07-29-2014, 07:38 AM

Could be expanding it to have both? Otherside of Bugman's is a Staffeteria. If that could be relocated, there's plenty 'nuff room for another massive gaming hall in there.

Wildeybeast
07-29-2014, 08:14 AM
I imagine the staff may object. I can't see it being relocated as I assume the kitchens that serve there also serve Bugmans. It's hard to tell what space they have behind the scenes to use, but most likely they aren't going to use much/any of that. Only time will tell though.