PDA

View Full Version : Goblins tactica? need advice

Gooball
01-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Hey :)
i play an almost all goblin army with 80 spearmen with 2 level 2 mages a black orc warboss some squigs a doom diver a few spider riders and black orcs,
Thats a typical 1500 point army,
right now my tactic is to (hopefully) use the doom diver and magic to get them to charge, at which point i release the fanatics En masse and mess em up, then the black orcs and squigs will move up and squish the rest
in larger games i'd have a standard bearer and more spider riders and possibly archers
Im just looking for well.. tactics other than charge in giant pile..
any suggestions?

evilamericorp
01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
The best way I've found to win with goblins is massed fanatics, war machines, and magic. I run an all goblin list with 24 fanatics (in 8 blocks of 20 hw/s night gobbos), 2 doom divers, 2 rock lobbers, 4 bolt throwers, lvl 4, 2 lvl 2s, and a bsb. It seems like overkill, but the army is extremely unpredictable and always fun to play, and usually does pretty well on the tabletop.

Gooball
01-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Hmm..
I like the idea but the cost of two stonethrowers another doom diver and the spearchukas.. Woah
As it is i like the magic dominance plan...
i'll see if anyone at my local store would wanto trade some Stonethrowers for dwarves :d

Lord Azaghul
01-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Hey :)
i play an almost all goblin army with 80 spearmen with 2 level 2 mages a black orc warboss some squigs a doom diver a few spider riders and black orcs,
Thats a typical 1500 point army,
right now my tactic is to (hopefully) use the doom diver and magic to get them to charge, at which point i release the fanatics En masse and mess em up, then the black orcs and squigs will move up and squish the rest
in larger games i'd have a standard bearer and more spider riders and possibly archers
Im just looking for well.. tactics other than charge in giant pile..
any suggestions?

I starting my O&G force with a very similary model list. Honestly it was very frustrating for a long time because well...they are goblins - the rarely listening and when they do you just don't expect much.

THEN I found goblin chariots and wolf riders! This made for a vast improvment it my options and army viablity. I gradually starting adding most things and taking away my warmachines and a few gobbos, and have gotten down to this at 2250:

Boss on a wyvern
Savage bsb on a boar chariot
Black Ork on a Boar
Goblin hero on a chariot w/ one hit wonda and battle brew

mob of 20 orcs
2x20 NG archers with MU and 2 fantaics (flank/rear guard)
5 spider riders w/bow MU
3x5 Wolf riders w/bow/sp MU

1 Wolf chariot
1 Boar chariot
5 Savage boar boys
5 Savage Boar boys/big uns w butchery

1 Gaint.

The whole function of army is speed, and minimizing anymosity. For the most part it works will, but like any green skin army the dice and really make or break you.
The typical tactics are pretty much to consolidate for combo charges, like 3 chariots into one unit, or the savage boars and one chariot. And above all the whole army is fast. Wolf charge 18" and boars 14". So you don't weather too much shooting. Its still not great against newer armies, but what it
( I play dwarfs, O&G and DOW)