PDA

View Full Version : Synapse Ratio

Master Bryss
01-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Here's a question for you...

Generally speaking, how many Synapse creatures do you run in your army, and what % of your army's points do you spend on Synapse?

therealjohnny5
01-23-2010, 12:08 PM
it depends on the function of my Zoanthropes and how many units i field that require synapse, but usually at least 4 units. usually 2 tyrants and 2 warriors units. so probably about 25%. say a 2K pt game i'd probably have close to 1K in gaunts, 500 in synapse, the rest elite\MC\FA....more or less

for instance i was playing my marines vs my friend's nids. he had 2 3man warrior units a tyrant Broodlord and 2 Zoanthropes. now mind you i was planning on his more MC heavy list and was trying a crazy lascannon build with 9 Las (at least half TL) and 3 HB's and by turn 3 all synapse was dead, by 4 nothing but running gaunts and a couple biovores , 2 fexes, Turn 5 everything dead but 1 unit of gaunts running. This was 4th Ed codex so no instant death but it gives you an idea, that was a 1500 pt game. Now synapse is easier to kill in some cases bc of instant death. So that being said, if i see a gaunt heavy army (which almost no one will be running for a while bc of all the new MC's) i always go for the synapse creatures. So stack them up...

DoctorEvil
01-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I've never really though of Synapse is terms of percentages or number of points.

It's more an issue of how many units will you have in your army that need Synapse, what role does that particular unit play in your strategy and you plan accordingly.

For instance.....let's say you plan on using Hive Guard in Myceptic Spores and Lictors. If you're planning on them going deep into enemy territory how are you going to cover Synapse? Maybe add a Trygon Prime to the list? Shrike Brood? You need something that can help them out, whatever has the best syngery with your list and strategy.

david5th
01-24-2010, 01:15 PM
You could now have an entire army of synapse creatures:

HQ - Their all Synapse creatures.
Elite - Zoanthropes.
Troops - Tyranid Warriors.
Fast Attack - Tyranid Shrikes.
Heavy Support - Trygon Prime.

Don't worry, be happy.;)