PDA

View Full Version : New Army, old player: IG 1000 & 1750

LoverzCry
01-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Sup guys, I've been playing for a decent while now, but just got the inspiration to play IG after seeing the badass NAZ1 models from Forgeword >: D But anywhoo, just looking for some opinions on the lists I just came up with. The first portion is 1000 points, and then the second section is an addition onto the first list, which allots to a total of 1750 points.

1000pts:

110pts:
HQ - Company Command Squad
- Medi Pack
- Carapace Armor
- 2 x Bodyguards

160pts:
Infantry Platoon (Including Command Squad)
- Medi-Pack
- 2 x Infantry Squad (at 50pts, no additional equipment)

160pts:
Infantry Platoon

45pts:
Scout Sentinel
- Heavy Flamer (Or auto cannon, gonna change these up on this and the following scouts depending on how I decide to play them)
- Smoke Launchers

45pts:
Scout Sentinel
45pts:
Scout Sentinel
45pts:
Scout Sentinel

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel
- Lascannon
- Smoke Launchers

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel
75pts:
Armoured Sentinel

195pts:
Leman Russ Punisher
- Extra Armour
- Heavy Flamer or Heavy Bolter (As above with the sentinels, I haven't decided the best method of deplying this vehicle, and thus haven't taken a prefered liking to either weapon)

Alright, if you're still reading this thanks. xD That there above is the 1000pts of the first list. I'd like all of your opinions of that list, and the addition to that that is below.

750pt add on:

110pts:
Psycher Battle Squad
- 5 Additional Psychers

160pts:
Infantry Platoon (as above)

55pts:
Chimera Armoured Transport
55pts:
55pts:

45pts:
Scout Sentinel (as above)

75pts:
Armoured Sentinel (as above)

195pts:
Leman Russ Punisher (as above)

That's all. Thanks all for having a look at my lists, and please comment in full :3

Magos Bellum
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, one thing that really jumps out is the medic in your platoon command squads. Doubling the cost of the squad to get Feel No Pain on five T3 5+ guys who are only armed with basic weapons (and thus have no real purpose in living besides orders) seems like a total waste of points. Drop the medics and throw some heavy and special weapons on the infantry squads. I would recommend either Autocannon and Grenade Launcher or Heavy Bolter and Flamer, but really anything besides Lascannons will work fine.

Furthermore, while sentinels are all well and good, having quite so many is more likely to be a handicap than an advantage. My recomendation is dropping two Armoured Sentinels for a Vendetta, which costs less (though you could give it Heavy Bolters to keep the cost the same and to be able to throw out 9 shots at infantry), is about as durable (in my experience anyway, your mileage may vary) and has about twice the AT firepower, plus being a fast transport that can outflank and deepstrike. Otherwise, you may want to consider putting the Heavy Flamers on the Armoured Sentinels and the Lascannons on the Scouts. The Scouts can outflank, making tank hunting more effective (side or rear armour) and the Armoured Sentinel can flame something and then charge and tie up a unit for quite some time with AV12.

And for the punishers, drop the extra armour and give them sponson heavy bolters, centerline heavy bolter and a heavy stubber. Then it will crank out 32 anti-infantry shots a turn, and rolling that many dice is quite fun (the first dozen times anyway). Note: this will bump the cost of the punisher to 210 points.

If possible, give your company command squad plasma guns, as you seem rather short an anti-heavy infantry/ monsterous creature firepower. Unless your dice really hate you, the medic and carapace will dramatically lessen the damage from overheats. (Each shot only has a 1/24 chance to kill the shooter)

Sorry for the wall of text, but you did say comment in full....

SlavesToDarkness
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I like this list: it's nice to see something different every once in a while.

However, I do have to note that you will struggle to claim objectives.

I recommend:

1) Autocannons on all sentinels. You can outflank the scout ones and pummel the side armor of enemy vehicles.

2) Drop both punishers in favor of 1 standard leman russ with heavy flamer/heavy bolter and (what I ALWAYS recommend) a Leman Russ Executioner with a heavy flamer and Plasma Cannon Sponsons. Punishers are overpriced and inefficient. Consider that a Punisher has only 24" range, will land only 10 of it's 20 shots and, against Marines or Orks, wound with only 5 and against Marines kill only 2-3 after saves. A Plascutioner, for comparison, will kill 2-3 marines for EACH template that lands - and it fires 5! AND it has a 36" range instead of 24".

LoverzCry
01-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks guys for the replies, gonna reasses the list and work out some of the kinks if possible.

BTW: For the medics, don't their effects affect the entire platoon? (the command and the 2 squads)

SlavesToDarkness
01-26-2010, 01:33 AM
No. I wish!

bob9801
01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
That would be awesome if the medic helped the entire squad, but it doesn't. I want to petition for an area effect on the medic though. get the rules changed next update.