PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Flight by Gav Thorpe

energongoodie
01-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Just finished listening to the new audio book, Raven's Flight by Gav Thorpe. Was only interesting in parts and definately not worth a tenner. The tiny bit extra we learned about Corax and his power was interesting. Anybody else?

p.s I do fancy a squad of Raven Guard though.

david5th
01-24-2010, 12:36 PM
I have pre ordered it along with Black Tide & Rynn's World. If i remember will post reply review.

Dark_Templar
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
"by Gav Thorpe"...I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth...

energongoodie
01-25-2010, 02:39 AM
I apologise for not including much to comment on in my post but I did not want to ruin it for people. Not much to ruin though.
I look forward to some more people listening to it and then we can discuss it.

Cryl
01-25-2010, 02:56 AM
"by Gav Thorpe"...I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth...

I'm not sure that's entirely fair tbh... I've just read the first Malekith book and whereas that's not exactly Orson Scott Card it's not entirely terrible either

miteyheroes
01-25-2010, 04:39 AM
Didn't like the psychic dream warning (what, Magnus isn't allowed to do it but Corax is?) or really any of the non-Istvaan story.
Didn't like the chap reading it (gods I hate how Black Library always goes for annoying hammy voice actors who insist on growling the whole novel.)
But I did like the insight into the Raven Guard, and the Corax stuff, and the look at Istvaan V.

Overall? I'd much prefer it if they released the HH audio books as actual books. This certainly isn't the best HH story, but it's not the worst either.

david5th
02-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Didn't like the psychic dream warning (what, Magnus isn't allowed to do it but Corax is?) or really any of the non-Istvaan story.
Didn't like the chap reading it (gods I hate how Black Library always goes for annoying hammy voice actors who insist on growling the whole novel.)
But I did like the insight into the Raven Guard, and the Corax stuff, and the look at Istvaan V.

Overall? I'd much prefer it if they released the HH audio books as actual books. This certainly isn't the best HH story, but it's not the worst either.

Totally agree with that. My favourite audio book is still Heart of Rage.

Dark_Templar
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure that's entirely fair tbh... I've just read the first Malekith book and whereas that's not exactly Orson Scott Card it's not entirely terrible either

So did I. Thought the pacing was off, but a good tale in general. He really did not seem to give himself enough space to expand on the areas that were more important than trudging through Dwarf halls.

Anywho, I will finish the Malekith series, but depending on how he goes with them, I am not sure how many more of his novels I would pick up.