210 15 Daemonettes

180 10 Pink horrors, bolt of tzeentch

135 Soul grinder

135 Soul grinder

1.5k on the dot

Fuegan17
01-25-2010, 11:43 PM
tactics? strategy? plan?

without any of those this list just looks unfocused and a helping of whatever thrown in there.

expand and maybe i can help :D

wazatdingder
01-28-2010, 02:58 PM
While I agree with Fuegan, I think demonettes are far better than bloodletters, and cheaper. Bloodthirster is nothing but a big target, never seen one live long enough to really do anything. You should cut Flamers down to 3, maybe add another unit. They are best at DSing close and taking out expensive bike units or any other dangerous unit on foot. Not much exp with soul grinders, players I know don't use them, only gives opponent use for penetrating weapons. My opinion is that you only need Slaanesh and Tzeench. I play against CD often, that list doesn't scare me.

usekungfu
01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
unfocused?

Daemon princes are too expensive for me, 135 for 5 strength 10 attacks on the charge is nice and in my price range. I dont like focusing on one god, i feel it cuts down on my tactical options. As far as a strategy or a plan, i just play like i got a pair.
wait, thats warmachine.

Honestly though, my agresive play style puts the enemy on the back foot, press for objectives etc. I really approach each game with a different idea of what i want to do, or how i want the army to work.

Thanks for the input though, i'm reworking the list abit, see what i can do.
Here we go, lets up the crazy:

110 Herald of Tzeentch, bolt of tzeentch, we are legion, mastery of sorcery, chariot

150 5 Fiends

240 15 Bloodletters

210 15 Daemonettes

180 10 Pink horrors, bolt of tzeentch

105 7 Plaguebearers

205 Daemon prince, daemonic flight, iron hide, unholy might, mark of khorne

160 Daemon prince, mark of tzeentch, daemonic gaze, bolt of tzeentch

135 Soul Grinder

eagleboy7259
01-28-2010, 11:34 PM
While I agree with Fuegan, I think demonettes are far better than bloodletters, and cheaper. Bloodthirster is nothing but a big target, never seen one live long enough to really do anything. You should cut Flamers down to 3, maybe add another unit. They are best at DSing close and taking out expensive bike units or any other dangerous unit on foot. Not much exp with soul grinders, players I know don't use them, only gives opponent use for penetrating weapons. My opinion is that you only need Slaanesh and Tzeench. I play against CD often, that list doesn't scare me.

I completely disagree with every point of this. Bloodthirsters are fine, most demon players would agree with you on this. The thing with Greater Demons and Soul Grinders is that you have to run them in pairs otherwise they die to mid-heavy strength weaponry. At 1500 right meow I've been playing around with Fateweaver and a Tzeentch Prince, just because I don't have the models for anything else right now and I started with a Tzeentch/Khrone theme. Trust me S8 is a very scary thing to contend with, when it is properly supported, and most Demon lists tend to have 5 Monsterous Creatures / Soul Grinders + Dangerous Elites and Troops, the army offers the opponent enough scary things that the Thirster will last about as long as anything else.

Flamers are basically suicide squads, I will agree with you on that. 3-4 tends to work best, their save and toughness means they don't really survive well against any shooting, even a round of fire from grots! Demonettes are meh, unless you are using Scarbrand then they get up to eh. S3 and Rending isn't a definitive way to win assaults, fleet is nice but being able to get to assault doesn't matter if you can't win and being fearless means they die away quite fast if they lose. T3 and 5+ inv. means that you don't weather shooting phases well. Bloodletters do suffer ALOT of problems, Slow, Fire Magnet, etc. but heres the thing, you can still get by well with only a squad of 10, demonettes need high numbers to survive shooting and actually win assaults. So when you think you are saving points, to field a unit of similar effectiveness you don't. Even a unit of Bloodletters, after being chewed up by shooting can still have a pretty big impact in assault.

Anyway all that being said, I liked your first list a bit better. What I would do would be to possibly find the room to run two units of horrors with bolt and two units of flamers. Always take the Changeling for the Horrors, best 5 points you can spend. For the Fiends I would give one might if you can, but that should be a low priority thing on your list when it comes to the points squeeze. Assuming your first list is closer to what models you have, I think you could look like would be:

Bloodthirster - Might & Blessing
3 Flamers
3 Flamers
4 Fiends - Might
5 Horrors - Bolt
5 Horrors - Changeling, Bolt
Extra Points filling in troops
Soul Grinder
Soul Grinder
Demon Prince - Mark Tzeentch, Bolt, whatnot

Thats the basic outline. Something along those lines will work, really almost any unit in the Demons codex is good, minus the FA section. It's just varying degrees of slightly more competitive and tailer to your taste in models or cost. You could just run 5 big guys + Elites and Plaguebearers if you want and that would work just fine too. Just spitballing here...

usekungfu
01-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the input, i really appreciate that

I still want to try that second list tho

SombreBrotherhood
01-30-2010, 10:41 PM
To chime in about Bloodletters, 8 are just as good as 10. Which are just as good as 12 or 15, really. AND they can only shoot one at a time. 2 units of 8-10 running in concert is pretty gnarly. They can shoot 1, charge to mop up survivors and get hammered when you charge them - OR - shoot 1, charge to mop up and try to get that second unit involved. If they have numbers (orks, nids) or are fast, it's nasty for you. If they go simultaneously or last, it's nasty for BOTH of you.

usekungfu
01-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah dude, totally disagree, I mean, I'll try two units, but my bloodletters in some way or another always get shot down to l five models.

Last two battles I've use them they got shot down to 5 models cut threw kroot like toliet paper and killed a hamerhead tank. The battle before that they deep struck into a building on turn 5 lost three of their number and tied the game for me. That's off the top of my head tho.

SombreBrotherhood
01-31-2010, 08:39 PM
The main point I'm trying to get across isn't that Bloodletters don't have their weaknesses...we all know that a 5+ save is nothing to write home about, but that when you can afford 15, it may make more tactical sense to chop that unit down into two smaller units. It's giving you more troop choices and increasing your unit threats. The two lists you've posted and the third list contributed by eagleboy look like they've got potential. I would just suggest the possibility of breaking your 10+ model count troop units down into more flexible units w/ smaller numbers.