Holofields
Star Engines

Fire prism
Holo Fields
Star Engines

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
Missile Launcher

The idea is the guardians firebase and the Wraithlord sits with them in range of the warlock. The Farseer hangs out with the Rangers or inside one of the Wave Serpents depending on what I am facing.

Beyond that just play aggressivly and skirt around. Either he chooses to split his forces to fight me and I pick off squads or he comes at more likely my firebass with his full army and I pick off his slow moving units with the council Rangers allow me to take down some of the new nid toys. Also why I want the farseer. i dont want them missing.

karandras
01-26-2010, 08:51 AM
I tend not to critique peoples lists too much because I assume certain choices are due to model limitations within collections or simply personal preference etc.

That being said, I think the second Farseer and the Pathfinder unit are a waste of points. They don't really appear to particularly benefit the army in any useful way. The council can dish out a lot of Str 9 attacks but the lack of Fire Dragons could be a bummer against AV14 and a unit of 6 in a Serpant fits your theme and fills a weakness. If you are intentionally trying not to run Fire Dragons for some reason, I would still replace the Farseer and the Pathfinders. Other suggestions would be a squadron of 6 Guardian Jetbikes with 2 Shuriken Cannons for roughly the same cost as the Pathfinders and maybe an Autarch on a Jetbike to go with the Seer Council in place of the Farseer or maybe even an Avatar.

BroKenStoiC
01-26-2010, 09:36 AM
The farseer and the pathfinder squad is more about killing monsterous creatures. Lash princes, Most nids lately, other avatars, wraithlords, and whatever else with high toughness.

Firedragons.. i am not sure.. Just not fond of the unit myself. I prefer lances to them.. Knowing that I only have one lance in my list.. it could be guided. i think a raider rush list might provide some tough times for this list but aside from that I dont really see raiders as a threat.. Most of my units are running decent invul / cover saves with re-rolls. I can out manuever it pretty easily. The package inside (more than likely hammer/shield termies) isnt really a big threat against a bladestorm avenger unit really. Its all about putting out shots.

You may be right though. I will have to pick up some dragons and see how they work.

I do play Ulthwe because I like the idea of them being so close to the eye of chaos and their use of farseer and warlocks.

Chexmix282
01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I would drop the second Farseer to free up some points. I would use these points to give both of your Wave Serpents TL Bright Lances. I would then drop the Wraithlord to add 3 more Warlocks to the Council, as well as 2 Embolden powers. You need Embolden on a unit like this, and the second one is just a backup for the first.

Your Fire Prisms should have Spirit Stones instead of Star Engines. They really dont need to move 36". If you position them correctly they will be within 24" of an objective when the time comes to contest.

I would then drop the Pathfinders and replace them with a TL BL/Spirit Stones Wave Serpent for the Footslogging Guardians. Then give them a Shuriken Cannon instead of their EML.

These changes would greatly improve the performance and durability of your list IMO. Happy Gaming!

BroKenStoiC
01-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Changed a Lot... Think this will be more Solid.

Farseer - 185
Jetbike
Runes of Warding
Runes of Witness
Spirit Stones
Doom
Fortune

Warlock x6 - 316
Embolden x1
Destructor x2
Enhance x1
Singing Spear x2

Dire Avengers x10 - 307
Exarch
Dual Avenger Catapults
Bladestorm
+ Wave Serpent
+ Spirit Stones
+ TL Bright Lance
+ Shuriken Cannon

Dire Avengers x10 - 307
Exarch
Dual Avenger Catapults
Bladestorm
+ Wave Serpent
+ Spirit Stones
+ TL Bright Lance
+ Shuriken Cannon

Rangers x 10 - 240
Pathfinders

Fire Prism
Holo Fields
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon

Fire Prism
Holo Fields
Spirit Stones
Shuriken Cannon

Wraithlord
Bright Lance
Eldar Missile Launcher
Dual Flamers

Comes to 1850 exactly.

karandras
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
That list looks better. Good luck. The best thing about Eldar are that there are so many different ways to run them! In the end, you will have the most fun playing what you enjoy.

The armies that you see in your area will make a difference too. In my neck of the woods, there are a lot of Marines with Flamers and Heavy Flamers. People that aren't running marines, are often running Imperial Guard or Orks and they too often have their share of template weapons. CSM players often have a unit or two of deep striking Obliterators that can choose to be armed with Flamers. Pretty much the only army not running template weapons are Necrons. Pathfinders die quickly to template weapons. Also, at 24 points a pop, putting out a wopping 1 shot per turn is pretty hit or miss (pun intended!). I have moved away from running them for those reasons. I think once you give Fire Dragons a try, you'll be like "Damn! They annihilate everything!". They need a transport to get them close though. If you like blasting things from a distance, give Dark Reapers a try. Put a unit of 5 in cover with an exarch and you can pretty much wipe out one unit per turn (depending on terrain). They cost less than your path finders, but are Heavies not Troops. Good Luck.