PDA

View Full Version : How to: Use a Pencil for Weathering - GFN Studio Workshop

UselesswizarD
08-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Welcome back to the Studio Workshop!

Using a pencil to add weathering effects to your miniatures is a simple and easy way to enhance the look of your minis. Use the pencil to add chipping effects, scratch marks, or spots of worn away paint.

The best kind of pencil to use is one with soft lead. In general terms that means a standard No. 2 pencil. In artist terms you want a pencil with lead that is rated between HB and 8B. Hard leads will most likely tear or literally scratch away the paint on your miniatures. Come to think of it, that might be kind of cool. I'll have to do some experimenting to see what that might look like.

Next video we're going over using pigments to create an oxidized brass effect. Keep your eyes to your Subscribed feed!

Thanks for watching! If you liked this video, please subscribe and like our channel. If you found the video useful, please share it with your friends!

To keep up to date with everything Game Face Nation is up to. please sign up for our newsletter over at www.gamefacenation.com It'll be worth it, we promise!

Until next time, get your game face on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZFUsL37JE4

CoffeeGrunt
08-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Nice tips, I found these in the Forge World Masterclass book I borrowed from a friend, but it's always good to see it in action and pick up techniques.

Conspyre
08-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Looks great! How does the graphite hold up under a clear coat?

stormshaft
08-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Wow!

Supercool, off to buy a few pencils tomorrow then, gotta scratch my Iron Hands up! Thanks for the tutorial. :)

UselesswizarD
08-25-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the video!