PDA

View Full Version : Assassins & You

Katharon
08-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Hey fellas. It's something that I think is fairly obvious, but then again with the new plethora of units, vehicles, rules, etc -- you might miss out or not think of some things unless they're pointed out to you. So yesterday, as I was browsing my new Officio Assassinorum ebook, I had a rather mean and awesome idea. In my local area I often have to deal with a ton of flyers. I tend to play Tau more than my IG these days, so it's not much of a problem as it was for the IG (Velocity Tracker, how beautiful thou art).

Well, if you plan on taking assassins and you have trouble with flyers in your local meta, then take a Vindicare and sit him on the Icarus lascannon of an Aegis Defense Line. He is BS8 and Ignores Cover; combined with the Skyfire of the Icarus, adds up to being able to do some hard-hitting and always-hitting damage to flyers.

I'm sure that there are other gun emplacements that he/she will be awesome for as well. Keep the ideas flowing and happy wargaming.

Charon
08-25-2014, 04:42 AM
Works well, did it with the Eldar Avatar (multiple shots upgrade) and an Icarus.

But I have a feeling that the Vindicare is way better as he is massively underpriced.

daboarder
08-25-2014, 04:45 AM
I really really want to run my DoM as a culexus.....but I'm pretty sure he'd do more damage to my own list

JMichael
08-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Not assassin related, but to buff up the Aegis Gun Emplacements I like to use the Icarus Lascannon manned by an Eldar Dark Reaper with Fast Shot (+1 shot with weapon). BS5 and 2 shots with the Icarus!

Blood Shadow
08-25-2014, 01:55 PM
How about a Callidas or Eversor taking over someone else's building or claiming a gun emplacement?

With his Melta bombs and decent charge range an Eversor could take down a bastion or sky shield pad even, whereas the Callidas could deploy 1" behind the a unit on a quad gun template them to death and turn two have interceptor and sky fire right?!

Charon
08-25-2014, 02:03 PM
And tons of wasted points on the Dark reapers who do not have split fire and are forced to also target the flyer instead of juicier targets.

JMichael
08-25-2014, 02:40 PM
And tons of wasted points on the Dark reapers who do not have split fire and are forced to also target the flyer instead of juicier targets.

I would use its Interceptor rule, then in my shooting phase hit those juicy targets.
Im thinking taking a Culexus against a deamon army this week. Should be loads of fun!

Anggul
08-26-2014, 02:20 AM

You use interceptor to fire two shots at BS5 ignoring jink, then fire at something else with the squad in your own turn.