PDA

View Full Version : Azrael and IG Blobs...

Denzark
08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Has anybody had any experience of allying in Azrael to give IG 50 man blobs a 4++?

Charon
08-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Why bother?
Aegis + imp. Priest + Psyker results in a 2+ cover save with a Ld9 to get up again.

Denzark
08-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Umm - How many inches a turn does this Aegis thing move?

Charon
08-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Basically as much as the IG typically moves in a game.

Denzark
08-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Right, well to answer your question in case it was not readily apparent, because I fancy trying a little something different.

DarkLink
08-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Basically as much as the IG typically moves in a game.

Not only is this not particularly helpful, it's also wrong.

Matthew Dix-Williams
08-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Aegis (Defense Line) is a fortification and therefore cannot move.

Also, having a priest means you cannot GTG behind the ADL, as fearless (which he gets because he has zealot, if I recall correctly) disallows you from doing so.

Mad Cat
08-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I fought against a 50 man guard blob with Azrael in the middle of them. My Grey knights soon backed off from 24" of them until the remainder of the DA bikes had been dealt with. 130ish lasgun shots twin linked just vapourised my deepstriking Paladins.

The 4++ save left me with a dilema of them being too tough to justify me shooting at them to reduce the firepower or shift them off the objective. I couldnt get close enough to charge either. In the end I just left them to it and went for the other units.

Dalleron
08-30-2014, 09:05 PM
I heard of someone at a tourney facing this, in a mission where you had to kill the opponent warlord. Azrael effectively hiding behind 50 fearless guardsmen. Yes he survived. 50 fearless guardsmen with a 4++ is pretty spicy.

Katharon
08-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Blast templates are the best sniping weapon for HQs hiding in blobs like this, since you allocate wounds from the center hole of the template outwards and not from models closest to the shooter.

Another is to get some really mean HQ/Characters that are beasts in close combat, attack the blob in question, then challenge. Daemon Princes have been known to do well in this regard.

Houghten
08-31-2014, 02:02 AM
Blast templates are the best sniping weapon for HQs hiding in blobs like this, since you allocate wounds from the center hole of the template outwards and not from models closest to the shooter.

Only Barrage and Apocalyptic Mega-Blast weapons have that rule.

Jedifish
08-31-2014, 09:10 AM
I hate that rule for blast templates, but its true you have to pull from the closes models to the firing model.

Lord Krungharr
09-03-2014, 10:37 PM
If I didn't hate the Dark Angels so much I'd get an Azrael for my guard blob. Wouldn't a Skyshield perform a similar function? They could still have the firepower and be armed for combat in case enemies get close to the back field.

Gir
09-03-2014, 11:21 PM
I fought the guard blob with Azrael that was under a skyshield with a Shadowsword sitting on. Won the game effortless (lost a single Stormtalon and 3 scouts) because I just ignored it all game. He basically towered up in the corner and couldn't do anything.

Tough slow threats can be extremely easy to just ignore.