PDA

View Full Version : Total Wargamer: A Cautionary Tale

Wolfshade
09-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Now before you go saying, you knew you were getting yourself in for and such I will say that I have used them before and for small orders they have been fine, but larger ones have been quite slow.

I went into this expecting the delivery to be slow. But that wasn't a problem because I was moving house so I knew I wouldn't have time to game for a couple of months so it was all about saving a couple of quid.

Day 0 - I order 7th Edition Rulebook for a mere £35.00. I received confirmation and the money left my account, so far so good. I was given a 5-10 day delivery window so I waited.

Day 17 - (10 Working Days)

Dear TotalWargamer, I am writing concerning my order [order number], this was processed on [date] with a delivery time of 5-10 days. This is now overdue, could you please confirm by return when this will be completed.

Regards,

[Wolfshade]

I am sorry for the delay to your order. We are experiencing high volumes and one or more of the items on your order are out of stock but should be back in stock and your order shipped within a week. If you would prefer not to wait, please let us know.

Alternatively, if you're agreeable, you need take no further action, and we will ship your order as soon as it is complete.
At this point I was due to move house shortly (the delivery was going to work so there was no issue with the address) so I was quite happy to wait.

Day 24

Dear [Customer Rep], A further week has elapsed and still no order. What is the update and what are the steps that are being implemented to ensure that this is not delayed any further.

Regards,

[Wolfshade]

I'm very sorry but one or more of the items on your order are still out of stock, sorry it is continuing to take time to ship your order, we now expect these to be back in stock and your order shipped next week.

Again, if you are willing to wait, you need take no further action.

If you would prefer not to wait any longer please let us know and we can cancel the order and refund your payment.

I apologise again for the delay to your order.
Still no sign, but at this moment in time I was still content to wait as my moving date had just slipped a month so there was bigger fish to fry.

Day 31

Dear [TWG]

Another week and still no order. When will I see my rulebook? I also note that I am still able to purchase it online currently without any warning that you do not have it in stock and have not had it in stock for the last month.

I would appreciate a gesture along the lines of a box of gretchin to be included in my order by means of an apology.

Regards,

[Wolfshade]

If you wish to proceed please let us know and we will refund cost of postage by way of apology.

Again, very sorry for the delay.

Well not quite the box of Grotz, but still better than a stick in the eye. My moving date was now 10 Days away so I was quite happy to wait what with all moving and stuff.

Day 33

Hi [TWG]
Yes, I still want my rule book and the refund on the postage would be acceptable.

Do you have any idea of a new expected delivery date?

We have removed the postage from your order and have arranged a refund for you.

Our card processor will return the funds to the account that funds were removed from.

We aim to have refunds completed in 3-5 working days but will be completed in a period no longer than 30 calendar days from date of request.

Sorry for the issues you have had with this order.

Ok, just moved house and still surrounded by boxes, I haven't my internet sorted out, let alone unboxed my miniatures. Whilst not happy, it wasn't as if I would be playing a game until the end of the month at the earliest.

Day 43

Hi [TWG],

Any news on where my Rule Book is? As we are now rapidly approaching being a month late.

I'm very sorry but we are still awaiting a restock - I'm afraid that we don't have an exact date but it is likely to be number of weeks.

If you do not wish to wait any longer please let us know and we can cancel the order and refund your payment.

At this point I am quite miffed so purchase the digital version.

Day 52

Hi [TWG],
Any time frame that this restock is due?

It could still be a couple of weeks.

Day 68

Hi [TWG],
Any news on where my rulebook is or this re-stock is occurring?

I'm very sorry but we are still awaiting stock.

If you would prefer not to wait any longer please let us know and we can cancel the order and refund your payment.

I apologise again for the delay to your order.
It is at this point that I also realise that my promised refund for postage is

Hi [TWG],
[Day 33] you wrote stating that you were going to refund my postage, this still hasn't happened and I am starting to be very concerned that you will never fulfil this order.

Possibly understatement of the year, yet still in vain I hoped...

Day 69

I have checked your order and it is marked as having had the postage removed..

I have asked our admin to look into this, and I will contact you with more information as soon as I have heard back from them.

Sorry for the issues you have had with this.

If you do not wish to wait any longer please let us know and we can cancel the order and refund your payment.

I am mightily annoyed. Fortunately, I have business in Evesham where TWG are based so I decide to drop in and say "Hello". The above reply I get while I am out and about.

I do not wish to wait any longer, having visited your store today and seeing the lack of stock I believe it will be most expedient to get a full refund and I will buy my goods from an on-line retailer who will fulfil my orders in a timely fashion. I expect the full refund to be showing in my bank account in a timely fashion.
I am most displeased with this slowness of service and what is worse is that I have on the past recommended to friends and family to use your services, needless to say I shall be sharing my experience with them.

In brief I visited the shop, there was no one there from online sales and the guy from the store was most apologetic and told me that they had "had problems in the past but these have been resolved" and that they were "working hard to fulfil back orders".
I demanded that he gave me a refund, but the web and store were two different fiscal entities. So I asked that the webstore 'phone me first thing the next working day. Needless to say this did not happen.

Day 70

We have cancelled your order and have arranged a refund for you.

Our card processor will return the funds to the account that funds were removed from.

We aim to have refunds completed in 3-5 working days but will be completed in a period no longer than 30 calendar days from date of request.

Your friends and family will not be affect if they did not place an order before the middle of July as we have stopped taking orders on the Total Wargamer website.

Day 76

5 days have passed and I still have not had any refund.

Day 77

I have checked your order and it is marked as cancelled.

I have asked our admin to look into this, and I will contact you with more information as soon as I have heard back from them.

Sorry for the issues you have had with this.

Day 78

I have heard back from our admin department, and they are looking into your refund.

As soon as they have more information, I will let you know.

I apologise for the issues you have had with this order.

Day 85

Any news on when I will see my refund?
At this point I am rapidly gaining the opinion that I will never see my money again.

I will check with admin one more time tomorrow and will stay with them until I have a firm answer.

Day 86

We have found out that there is an issue with our merchant account (the intermediary between the payment processor and our/your bank account).

This has now been resolved and we are just working through a large number of affected transactions - it seems it may have been an issue for some time - we are reprocessing all impacted refunds - it may take a few days - once processed refunds typically clear in 3-5 working days.

Very sorry for the delay.
Heaven knows how many people have been affected by this issue at this point....

Day 91

Any news on when I will be expecting my refund? As we are rapidly approaching the end of the 30 day window

The 30 day refund window is an EU legal requirement, after this point I can start to take legal action.

Day 92

This was finally processed on the [Day 86] once we established what the issue was - this should clear by the 5th working days which is Wednesday - due to the bank holiday.

Sorry it has taken so long.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, the use of "due" as a preposition...

Day 95

It is now Thursday, and guess what? That's right, I don't have my oft promised refund.
Finally lost it.

The refund has been done for you - to card ending: [removed]

Here are the reference numbers we have:

[Payment reference removed]

Refunds can take a little longer than the period we stated - please see this link: http://www.ehow.com/info_8511456_do-credit-cards-long-refund.html - this applies to both credit and debit cards.

Day 96 (aka ~25% of a year)

Credit is finally showing in my account.

Looking back I should have cancelled my order when they failed to deliver.

Needless to say, based on this latest experience I would never use them again, I would rather pay full GW RRP than go through that.

Around day 69 I found a couple of posts on various fora that stated that TWG had had their GW trade account suspended owing to poor customer satisfaction, now the truth of that I have no idea, but might explain why they have stopped taking order is "mid July".

What they are up to now, I don't care.

So yeah, a cautionary tale of how some prices can sometimes be too good without involving alleged recasts from China...

Psychosplodge
09-02-2014, 03:05 AM
omfg.
That is ridiculous.

Wolfshade
09-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

You see why I said it might take a while to describe

Psychosplodge
09-02-2014, 03:26 AM
aye you weren't kidding.

Wolfshade
09-02-2014, 03:43 AM
I got to the point thinking that it must be resolved sooner than cancelling and buying a new one.

energongoodie
09-02-2014, 03:45 AM
My dealings with them were very similar :(

Deadlift
09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Next time (seriously don't) just pay me in chicken ;)