PDA

View Full Version : Retro PC gaming!

Aenir
09-05-2014, 02:47 AM
Ive been on a kick recently, (spurred by origin giving a free game away which reminded me i had bf1942 installed!) Of old games.

Diablo 1, Starcraft: Brood War, Dungeon Keeper and deeper dungeons, Xcom ufo defense, masters of orion (1)!

Let's hear your favorite games and stories of yesteryear!

(Also have baldurs gate 1, and populous the beginning)

energongoodie
09-05-2014, 03:16 AM
Speedball II
Wings
Actraiser
Street Fighter II
Mario Kart

I spent HOURS on these guys :)

p.s the last 3 were console, not P.C. hope thast's ok :)

Wolfshade
09-05-2014, 04:58 AM
Whilst not exactly "retro", Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, that was totes amaze balls.

X-COM - I still play...occassionally TftD
Conquest of the New World
Imperialism
King's Quest V
Lemmings
Lemmings Paint Ball

[I won populous the begining from Kellogs!]

Psychosplodge
09-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Spent all day last Saturday playing through an Alpha Centuari game.
and as I said on the gaming thread still better than civ 5 :D

eldargal
09-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Might and Magic VII, KOTOR, Jade Empire, sometimes Diablo II. Used to play Starcraft too until they made a campaign thing which imported the original campaign into SCII.

Wolfshade
09-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Oh and HoMMIII

Aenir
09-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Might and Magic VII, KOTOR, Jade Empire, sometimes Diablo II. Used to play Starcraft too until they made a campaign thing which imported the original campaign into SCII.

is that M&M The Mandate of Heaven? I always forget which one that is (that one was fun)

Havent done D2 In ages! :O

StarCraft for me is all about the UMS maps, not just the campaign :)

also add in:

Doom 2
Cannon Fodder
Air Duel (80 years of Air combat)

scadugenga
09-05-2014, 07:13 PM
XCom 1 and 3 (thank you Steam)
Baldur's Gate I
Diablo II
Neverwinter Nights

I have a yearning to play the old Tie Fighter and Wing Commander III games, but not enough to re-purchase them.

Aenir
09-06-2014, 12:21 AM
XCom 1 and 3 (thank you Steam)
Baldur's Gate I
Diablo II
Neverwinter Nights

I have a yearning to play the old Tie Fighter and Wing Commander III games, but not enough to re-purchase them.
I think wing commander 3 is available either on gog or origin for free (or was recently)

As far as tiefighter goes, i also.found a way to get xwing vs tie fighter to install on a 64 bit windows 7 rig, i can pm you a link if you are interested

GR00V3R
10-01-2014, 08:36 PM
For me, it's Final Liberation from 1992, I think. Best turn-based 40K game ever made, in my opinion. :)

Pretty much the whole reason I made Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire is that I wanted to play a new game like that -- and no one's gonna make a game like that anymore -- too niche. So I made it. :)

I'm just gonna leave this here... :D

http://www.gamewire.belloflostsouls.net/finally-true-tabletop-gaming-pc/

Aenir
10-02-2014, 12:09 AM
seems pretty interesting :)

first old 40k game I played was (I think) Chaos Gate, first GW was the old DOS BB

Lately Ive been playing Bungie's Classic Myth the Fallen Lords series, not only is it fun, Im converting the GURPS supplement for it into a FATE based system for my next turn in my gaming group ~ Jan

Andrea_Tarabella
10-16-2014, 09:11 AM
I love Baldur's Gate I and II, played it since i was child and i never had the opportunity to finish BGII :(
Everytime i went to 60% of the game something stopped my pc, corrupted my saves or even worst...
Now i bought it on Steam, as my old CD are not working for some reason, I hope i find some time to miss myself in the Forgotten Realms once again.

In another topic, Dungeon Keeper is one of my favourite games. I tried to look for something newer but similiar and honestly i had not find nothing that is comparable, but a game that i had fun with in the last year was "Dungeons"... more like a The Simis with dungeon skin but still funny!

Psychosplodge
10-16-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't think the CDs liked windows7 very much. I'm guessing I was still on 98 the first time round, definitely no later than xp.

Never really played Dungeon keeper so can't comment :D