PDA

View Full Version : The Betrayer and The Knight of Umbar

Azos
08-03-2009, 04:12 PM
For those who have yet to see them, i give you this link. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat210006&categoryId=4400003&section=&aId=3000004a&_requestid=247536)

I've not been much of a fan of some of the more recent (GW named) wraiths, but the Knight of Umbar does look good.

So, what could the offer of new Warriors be for the Fallen Realms and Mordor, and can we expect more heros?

Opinions/Ideas...

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-03-2009, 04:27 PM
For those who have yet to see them, i give you this link. (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat210006&categoryId=4400003&section=&aId=3000004a&_requestid=247536)

I've not been much of a fan of some of the more recent (GW named) wraiths, but the Knight of Umbar does look good.

So, what could the offer of new Warriors be for the Fallen Realms and Mordor, and can we expect more heros?

Opinions/Ideas...

I would love more for Fallen Realms. More heroes would be nice as well, but they will probably give miniature form to those that don't in WotR. For example Queen Beruthiel in the Fallen Realms list. That's my guess.

Strange in that link they are named opposite to logic. You would think the wraith with the middle eastern vibe would be the Knight of Umbar.

iamaddj
08-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Heck yeah! Those guys are awesome!

I'm hoping for new plastic Khandish warriors (what else does Fallen Realms need?) and maybe plastic mordor Uruk-hai/Black Guard? I dunno, seems like they don't want to add new units though that would also be exciting.

iamaddj
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Strange in that link they are named opposite to logic. You would think the wraith with the middle eastern vibe would be the Knight of Umbar.

Umbar was a Numanorian colony back in the day, and was ruled by Gondor for quite some time. I assume that is why the Knight of Umbar is wearing Numanorian style Armour.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Umbar was a Numanorian colony back in the day, and was ruled by Gondor for quite some time. I assume that is why the Knight of Umbar is wearing Numanorian style Armour.

True, but aren't all of the Ringwraith of Numenorean descent? While Umbar was a colony of middle eastern influence, what reason does the Betrayer have for such garb? I ask that because I know not his story.

iamaddj
08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Really when it comes down to almost all the background for the Ringwraiths was made up by GW. Khamul and the Witch King are the only ringwraiths named in the Books, and the Witchking is the only one given any background. The others are merely stated to have been Great Kings or Sorcerers, and of course men. The knight of Umbar is no doubt given numenorian style garb do to coming form Umbar (Black Numenroians also come from umbar). Why the Betrayer is dressed as he is I know not. I assume it has to do with East = Evil, and his dress is sorta east/middle eastern. Tolkien it is important to note never goes into much detail on the culture of look of the Evil Men From the east, the corsairs/easterling/Muhad/Khandis/Haradrim, their whole look is all Peter Jackson/GW.

Dragon Knight Of Rhun
08-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Really when it comes down to almost all the background for the Ringwraiths was made up by GW. Khamul and the Witch King are the only ringwraiths named in the Books, and the Witchking is the only one given any background. The others are merely stated to have been Great Kings or Sorcerers, and of course men. The knight of Umbar is no doubt given numenorian style garb do to coming form Umbar (Black Numenroians also come from umbar). Why the Betrayer is dressed as he is I know not. I assume it has to do with East = Evil, and his dress is sorta east/middle eastern. Tolkien it is important to note never goes into much detail on the culture of look of the Evil Men From the east, the corsairs/easterling/Muhad/Khandis/Haradrim, their whole look is all Peter Jackson/GW.

Hmmm...I guess it makes sense then. They look nice, the models, but my favourite Nazgul model so far is still that of The Dark Marshal.

icecube
08-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I really love it that they made those named wraith models. Definently gonna purchase these ones too. I hope theyŽll make an miniature for The Dwimmerlaik, because then iŽll be able to have the whole "the nine are abroad" fomation with named wraiths.

bigmackdadd
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
The knight of umbar appears to be a black numenorian, my friend plays an entirely Metal black numenorian army, and the knight of umbar appears to be a better looking version of a ringwraith black numenorian than the dark marshall, and he looks amazing, its nice to finally have some nice Wotr sculpts, and not like the udying who looks like he is trying to suprise someone(just joking, but seriously....BOO I'm the undying)

Brother Hastatus
09-02-2009, 03:43 AM
They look really cool! Most of the Ringwraiths have been very nice in my opinion, and they seem to continue that trend. Although I was kinda against the whole idea of naming ringwraiths to start with, I've come round to the idea and now think they are really cool. It will be interesting to see how they look all together, and whether they still look suitably similar.

Percival
05-15-2010, 01:30 PM
only thing is.. what about the G5s running around now and isnt he Wave also known as a G3??