PDA

View Full Version : Armada - pre-order round up.

Mr Mystery
09-09-2014, 04:27 AM
How do?

So spotted on Facebook feed that Board Game Extras are doing a £66.50 pre-order including shipping (http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/item.php?id=2638) for Star Wars Armada.

Seems they intend to be increasing this price as time goes on, so might be worth swooping in now, particularly as the RRP is seemingly £80 for the starter set.

Not sure when they take the cashmonies though - will see if I can find out.

Brenlak
09-12-2014, 11:03 PM
I'm still just gonna get it from my FLGS, they usually do me 10% off (Sometimes if there's a newb working I don't get it, and I'm not the type of guy to demand it, I just spend less those trips, ha ha) plus because I work for a local small company I can appreciate that they exist and that they require support.
On the other hand the Internet is easy and sometimes cheaper (well usually cheaper actually: up here much of that has to do with the strength of our Loonies, Toonies and overall any money that has the Queens face on it). I have also noticed corelations in my spending that make me want to shop local more.

One of the stores I go to, popular one up on Whyte ave has lots of big X-Wing ships left, and hardly a selection for the regular size (If you recall an earlier rant this is the same store where the person working told me they don't make the Falcon or the Slave anymore); I gave them a big ole raspberry because there selection sucked, (well it was more of a come on mang, this is lame) and there is going to be a big shipment from Fantasy Flight come Tuesday!

The more stores stock the game the more people (I mean local people, sorry Germany I don't care if you get more players!) will pick it up to try out. That means a better tournament and random pickup league in my town eh.

Also the Online Store can't see how cool my T-Shirt is!!

Daredhnu
09-13-2014, 04:28 AM
Also the Online Store can't see how cool my T-Shirt is!!

and that is the most important part of the shopping experience after all :p

i agree though that supporting your local shop is a good thing, to an extent, i got the Tantive IV online because the difference was 25 euros for me (about $35 or 15/20 pounds)
that's the sort of thing that makes me value my wallet more than supporting the local shop, on regular small ships though the difference is neglible and not really worth the added waiting time to me.

i have basically decided for myself that i would buy every small ship atleast twice from my local game shop before allowing myself to buy it online
for large ships and the "aces" sets this drops down to once.

this i feel is a nice balance between loyalty to my local game shop and my plastic crack addiction.

Brenlak
09-22-2014, 11:14 PM
i have basically decided for myself that i would buy every small ship atleast twice from my local game shop before allowing myself to buy it online
for large ships and the "aces" sets this drops down to once.

Well that's basically all you need, great job!

this i feel is a nice balance between loyalty to my local game shop and my plastic crack addiction.

Me to. I have my FLGS, harder to get too, yet open much later (Red Claw I'm talking about you!) they give me a screaming deal (10% on orders over $150), and they are independently owned, since I work I'm a small local Meat Shop I like to support local too.

The other shop I frequent once every couple weeks (Wizards by the UofA) doesn't have much stock, but there prices are really good and, if you don't go on Monday (The monday guy is a gosh darn garburator, I'm still figuring this shop out but don't go on monday), they will help you and take an order.

My last shop is the most expensive one (most X-Wing ships are $19.99 or $18.99 compared to Wizards at $15.99 to %16.99) but they also have a huge building with rent to pay. I go here (Warp One) for stuff I can't get other places, they have a huge selection of everything (well except X-wing ships seriously low, bro) and the service has greatly improved over the years.

For me Internet leads to more thinking, I mean if I thought about how many little ships I have compared to nice clothes I would have a conundrum. When I take $100 to the plastic crack store I want those ships now!!

How many of you people play at your LFGS or just collect wee ships, lets hear you people!

Mr Mystery
09-25-2014, 02:40 AM
Word.

Confirmed with boardgameextras pre-orders are paid at the point of order, not despatch.

So yeah, get in quick for a £66.50 delivered Armada.

Daredhnu
09-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Well that's basically all you need, great job!

How many of you people play at your LFGS or just collect wee ships, lets hear you people!

all i need? most certainly not, my plastic crack addiction needs to be fed constantly :P

i haven't played at my LFGS just yet, mostly just been going over to my friends and playing there or at home.
currently looking for a more efficient way to transport my stuff, keeping all tokens sorted by type in little plastic bags is not the best way and packing everything post game takes me about 30 to 45 minutes which is rather prohibitive and puts me off from playing unless i get to play all day.

interrogator_chaplain
09-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Bait box, easily the fastest way to do it and for when you need to have your stuff handy for a game.

I have 2, one for my cards and one for tokens and moving implements.

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 01:46 AM
all i need? most certainly not, my plastic crack addiction needs to be fed constantly :P

i haven't played at my LFGS just yet, mostly just been going over to my friends and playing there or at home.
currently looking for a more efficient way to transport my stuff, keeping all tokens sorted by type in little plastic bags is not the best way and packing everything post game takes me about 30 to 45 minutes which is rather prohibitive and puts me off from playing unless i get to play all day.

Me, I play with my mates, though I have signed up to a local tournament (yes I know. Me, Mr 'competitive comschmetitive!) to meet new players - I'm likely going to get my head kicked in, but hey ho!

As for storage? GW plastic case, because I have them. Tokens all separated by type, and in the plastic zipbags the ships come with. I find this makes it easier once your collection expands. If you've only got 5 or 6 ships, you can realistically get away keeping each ships tokens in a specific bag.

pgarfunkle
10-24-2014, 10:41 AM
For anyone still looking for Armada and don't mind ordering from Amazon they are listing it at £60 currently

Mr Mystery
11-03-2014, 05:20 AM
£59.94 on Amazon just now.

Having reinstated my Prime account, I've just ordered.

Mr Mystery
12-30-2014, 07:58 AM
And now down to £46.36 on Amazon.

If you've pre-ordered, you pay the lowest listed price, regardless of what it ends up being sold for on release. Which is nice of them.

40kGamer
12-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Amazon US has a weird link for Armada that shows a retail price of $59.95 "too low!" and a preorder price of $53.96. there is no picture and they are giving a release date of April 22, 2015! Aye Carumba!

Houghten
03-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Hello,

We regret to tell you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Star Wars: Armada Tabletop Miniatures Game"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616619937

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #[number] and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

If appropriate, your gift certificate account will be credited.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit Your Account (http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account).

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Well, I'm not exactly Mr. Happy right now. Chiefly because I have a feeling it will go back up for anuvver go of pre-ordering closer to April, but at a higher price than I was set to have paid (£46.36 or lower... it's been a while since I monitored it).

Mr Mystery
03-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Got the same :(

Col.Gravis
03-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Late march/early April is now being touted by our distributor, dare I ask, is it possible they've been smacked by FFG for shipping Scum & Villany early? All the other Armada sets are still on Amazon, but cant see the starter at all.

Brenlak
03-05-2015, 11:31 PM
It's because they want us to buy Imperial Assault. The lady at my store has told me that's what her supplier has been told from Fantasy Flight, push Imperial Assault.

Has anyone picked this up, played a game?
I would pick it up but my need for a AT-ST has been sated by the previous model game.

Col.Gravis
03-06-2015, 02:59 AM
The UK distributor doesn't have any Imperial Assault at present IIRC, so they wont get far pushing it lol

It's because they want us to buy Imperial Assault. The lady at my store has told me that's what her supplier has been told from Fantasy Flight, push Imperial Assault.

Has anyone picked this up, played a game?
I would pick it up but my need for a AT-ST has been sated by the previous model game.

Mr Mystery
03-09-2015, 06:15 AM
And now it's back on Amazon.

£79.99.

Am about to complain that they've breached their own pre-order price guarantee. Hoping they'll honour the £46.36 like they should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI

Mr Mystery
03-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Partial result is partial.....

e: Hi.

I have an issue with a cancelled pre-order placed under your pre-order guarantee.

Order ref is (redacted by me :p ).

I placed this order when the product was listed at £46.36, back in December 2014. On 2 March, I received an email stating the order was cancelled as you were unable to source the product.

Now it's suddenly back up for a much higher price of £79.99.

Santhosh: Hello, my name is Santhosh. I'm here to help you and will do my best to resolve this.

Thank you for providing the order number.

Me: No problem.

Santhosh: Could you please wait for two minutes while I check this for you?

Me: Certainly.

Santhosh: I’m sorry this is taking longer than expected, could you please be on hold for another 2 minutes while I check this for you?

Me: Yep.

Santhosh: Thank you for being on hold and I am sorry for keeping you in waiting

Me: That's alright.

Santhosh: I have checked the cancelled order and see that the price we offered at that time is GBP 59.94

Me: During the period my order was placed, the lowest is went was £46.36.

Santhosh: I understand your concern, however I see that the price we offered was GBP 59.94

In this case, I request you to place a new order for same item and request you to wait until the order gets dispatched.

If the price changes to a lower price you will be charged towards the lowest price at the time of dispatch.

Me: But then I'd be charged the higher price for the same item, using the same webpage on Amazon, in breach of your own pre-order price guarantee.

Santhosh: However, if the price does not change I request you to contact us once the item gets dispatched so that we can refund the price difference on your order

Me: On which price? The £59.94 when I first placed my order, or the £46.36 listed on 30 December 2014, which would be the price I paid under you pre-order guarantee had my original order not been cancelled?

Santhosh: Sure, please allow me to explain the issue for you

In this case, I have checked the issue and see that the price we offered last on your canceled order is GBP 59.94 and so if you place a new order and if the price goes below the above mentioned you will be charged the lowest price offered before the order is dispatched from us

Me: Right.

Santhosh: However, if the price mentioned does not change , in that case I request you to contact us so that we could refund the price difference for you on the order. I see that we depend upon our manufacturer about the price they offer and we update the same price on the website

So looks like I will, in a round about way, get it for £59.94. And if I keep up my complaint, £46.36, which is the lowest price they've offered it for.

Cleon
03-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Partial result is partial.....

So looks like I will, in a round about way, get it for £59.94. And if I keep up my complaint, £46.36, which is the lowest price they've offered it for.

I'd advise going back on their live chat. I pointed out that they cancelled the order and re-listed it one week later, then posted the text of their guarantee and asked them to confirm the price on 30 Dec 2014 and I got the £46.36. I think you just weren't as lucky about who you spoke to.

Mr Mystery
03-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Shall do just that!

Houghten
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Chiefly because I have a feeling it will go back up for anuvver go of pre-ordering closer to April, but at a higher price than I was set to have paid (£46.36 or lower... it's been a while since I monitored it).

Just once I'd like to be wrong. Is that so much to ask?

I won't be attempting to get my order reinstated; Amazon can go eat a haggis. I'll buy from Promethan Games instead.

40kGamer
03-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I won't be attempting to get my order reinstated; Amazon can go eat a haggis. I'll buy from Promethan Games instead.

Don't besmirch the Scottish national dish! Amazon hasn't earned any haggis! :p

Mr Mystery
03-16-2015, 12:54 PM
According to FFG.......

Should be in shops next week.........

*asplodes with excite*

Col.Gravis
03-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Confirmed shipping from distributor from the 25th March, at first I assumed they meant next year, but no, its finally happening.

Mr Mystery
03-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Saw the models on Saturday, and I have to say I'm not that impressed.

Rebel ships are tiddly, but you know, scale of the game and that.

It's the Imperial ship in the core set....it's a good size like, but somewhat lacking in detail.

Sad to say it but it all hinges on the game play for me....