PDA

View Full Version : New GW Philly

BilboBaggins
01-29-2010, 08:29 AM
So who is planning on going to the new GW store (well the replacement for Franklin Mills) at Cottman and Bustleton Avenues when it opens on 4 February, or that weekend. I'm tempted to go opening day with my Chaos Dwarfs and Slayers to try and get one of the first Fantasy games in there.

Stickabee
01-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Sorry to jack the thread, but is this new location confirmed? I was at Franklin Mills a few days ago when the store was there, and then went back to find that it was gone; it was quite a shock to me and my friends! I've been off the "scene" for a few months now, but am getting back into it and am hoping not to have to drive out to Voorhees to get to a GW store. Thanks for giving me some hope!

BilboBaggins
01-30-2010, 10:35 PM
From GW website.

OPENING CELEBRATIONS!
February 13th
Cottman Avenue
2141-A Cottman Avenue
Philadelphia, PA

If you know the area it's on the opposite side of the street from Sears at Cottman and Bustleton Avenues.

I was in Franklin Mills on 1-25 (their last day I believe was 1-27) to pick up my White Dwarf. They gave me the address and said it was opening 2-4, but the website says 2-13.

Stickabee
01-30-2010, 10:40 PM
I appreciate the info. My armies are in no condition to be brought out, but soon... My brother-in-law will be bringing his Imperial Fists and Vampire Counts out to play I'd think, so there's at least one other. Maybe we'll see you there for a game. Thanks again for the info.

Stickabee
02-04-2010, 05:34 PM
My brother-in-law and I drove down to Cottman today to see if the store was open yet. We saw the storefront where we believe the new store will be, but it was definitely not open for business. Thought I'd get this out there as an FYI and also see if anyone else bothered trying to find it prior to when the site says they're holding the opening celebration.

oni
02-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I wanted to make it down today, but this massive snow storm is looking to change my plans. If the storm passes in time I'll try to venture down, but if not this weekend, most definitely next weekend.