PDA

View Full Version : How to make 40k gaming tables without filling up your house or emptying your wallet

CaptainGnarr
09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Hi guys! My friend and I used to play 40k together when we were kids using any surface we could find, whether that was the dining room table or just the floor. Now we're ostensibly grown-ups that state of affairs just won't do. We needed a real gaming table.

Options? Well, you can go to a gaming store or club. That can be great except for the travelling, packing up all your miniatures, and playing with a time limit. Much better to make your own table at home.

Problems? Well, making your own table is expensive and/or takes up a lot of room. At least, that's what I used to think. Then I became determined to come up with a way to make this happen. It turned out to be really easy, using nothing more than some folding wallpaper/decorating tables and polystyrene/styrofoam.

This video is intended for all the wargamers out there who have held off on making their own gaming table because they thought it would cost too much, take up too much space or just be too difficult. Trust me, it can be cheap, easy and very rewarding :)

If you enjoy the video please subscribe to our channel. We create a variety of 40k related videos spanning all aspects of the hobby and really enjoy contributing to the awesome online community our hobby is fortunate enough to have. You can also find us on Facebook, because you can find everything on Facebook these days: https://www.facebook.com/GrimDarkGaming

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZomOrebMpH8

Blight-Company
09-20-2014, 05:47 PM
We used to use folding saw horses and a sheet of plywood as a base and had modular terrain we kept shelved out of the way when not in use.

Starion
09-22-2014, 12:15 AM
My gaming table:
4x folding wooden legs (wallpapering table type), €20
3x 2'x4' 12mm Mdf boards (makes for easier storage), around €25
50mm thick polystyrene boards, to make scenery, €8 for 5 sheets, only 1 used.
Can of textured paint, €13
Scraps of wood and bag of gravel found in shed when we moved in, leftover paint from decorating, free.
Total, under €60.

CaptainGnarr
09-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Textured paint is a great idea.