PDA

View Full Version : Easy Rider Edition: 1500pt Canis and friends

Unholy_Martyr
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Continuing on from the previous list, here's a rather fun group I threw together to face a Tyranid friend of mine. I know, everyone knows that you should slug it out with the bugs from range before tying it up, but I wanted to see how they could handle 11 Thunderwolves on the Charge!

H.Q.

Canis Wolfborn
2x Fenrisian Wolves -205

Wolf Lord
Thunderwolf Mount, Storm Shield, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Saga of the Warrior Born, 2x Fenrisian Wolves -250

Troops

Grey Hunters x6
Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Razorback -145

Grey Hunters x6

Fenrisian Wolves x8 -64

Fenrisian Wolves x8 -64

Fast Attack

Thunderwolf Cavalry x3
Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer -210

Thunderwolf Cavalry x3

Thunderwolf Cavalry x3
Storm Shield, Frost Blade -205

Total: 1498

I don't really have to describe what would happen other than the Grey Hunters would be Objective Grabbers/ Campers and that everyone else would have a party with the bugs. Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Illiterate Scrub
01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Continuing on from the previous list, here's a rather fun group I threw together to face a Tyranid friend of mine. I know, everyone knows that you should slug it out with the bugs from range before tying it up, but I wanted to see how they could handle 11 Thunderwolves on the Charge!

H.Q.

Canis Wolfborn
2x Fenrisian Wolves -205

Wolf Lord
Thunderwolf Mount, Storm Shield, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Saga of the Warrior Born, 2x Fenrisian Wolves -265

Troops

Grey Hunters x6

Grey Hunters x6

Fenrisian Wolves x7 -56

Fenrisian Wolves x7 -56

Fast Attack

Thunderwolf Calvary x3

Thunderwolf Calvary x3

Thunderwolf Calvary x3
Storm Shield, Frost Blade -205

Total: 1497

I don't really have to describe what would happen other than the Grey Hunters would be Objective Grabbers/ Campers and that everyone else would have a party with the bugs. Thoughts, comments, criticisms?

Calvary was the hill Jesus was crucified on - you'd be looking for cavalry. :p

Anyway, the one thing I'd worry about would be the lack of troops - while Canis has got his Lord of Wolves stuff going on, I suspect you might be better server with another mech Hunters mob. Remember that if not cavalry, infantry in APCs can at least be dragoons!

Unholy_Martyr
01-29-2010, 11:48 AM
To be honest, Objective Grabbing is kinda secondary with this list. I really Designed it to just be monstrously killy. I would consider dropping the Thunder Hammers down to Wolf Claws and exchanging a Fenrisian Wolf Pack for some more Grey Hunters in a Razorback. We'll see how this goes.