PDA

View Full Version : Customer Loyalty when Online is your best option?

Mr Mystery
09-14-2014, 08:14 AM
How do?

No, not a preachy soap box thread, but a question.

You see, recently I've gotten hooked on X-Wing. I absolutely loves it. Fun game, nice models, and dead easy to accumulate enough models that you can get friends involved. HURRAH!

But, there's precisely nowhere in my immediate vicinity (Royal Tunbridge Wells if you're interested) that carries the game or the boosters. Which means I need to go online to get my Starcrack.

Which leads me to the question - is there such a thing as online customer loyalty? This is the first game I've played where I've not had a local stockist. Normally, I only play GW games, and the local store is literally 5 minutes out my front door. It's also where I tend to do most of my gaming, so they get my money (I'm an advocate of 'pay where you play' normally).

But X-Wing? Wow. Not sure how to express my loyalty. Given the vagaries of availability, it's not always practical to stick to a single retailer.

Thoughts on this one? Not just X-Wing based, but for those who buy the majority if not all their toys online. How did you decide the extent and placement of your customer loyalty?

lobster-overlord
09-14-2014, 09:27 AM
buy online, I do. but dont expect there to be a local game shop to hang out in since your dollars dont support their staying open. now for me, thats ok. the local is a douche, so I dont shop there anymore. if there was a new shop to open, I would give them a shot, but the next nearest store is 30 min and I dont get 10 min in a store these days let alone an hour of drive time, so thats outof the way for me.

being there is no local store, go with whatever online gives you thebest deal.