PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pts Mechanized Marines

Melissia
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Normally I never bother with Marine lists, but Envoy (from IGMB) and I ended up talking about the faults of many Marine players in making their lists, and so this list came up in the conversation. The people on the IGMB liked it, so here goes for this forum:

HQ: 260 Pts
Chaplain w/Jump Pack, Power Fist

Chaplain w/Jump Pack, Power Fist

Troops: 940 Pts
9 TSMs w/ Meltagun, Missile Launcher
-- Sergeant w/Power Fist, Bolt Pistol
-- Rhino

-- Rhino

-- Rhino

-- Rhino

Fast Attack: 480 Pts
9 ASMs w/ Flamer, Flamer
-- Sergeant w/Thunder Hammer, Bolt Pistol

9 ASMs w/ Flamer, Flamer
-- Sergeant w/Thunder Hammer, Bolt Pistol

Heavy Support: 320 Pts
Predator w/TLAC, Sponson HBs, Pintle SB

Predator w/TLAC, Sponson HBs, Pintle SB

Vindicator w/Dozer Blade, Pintle SB

The tank formation goes like this:

[Pred][Rhino][Rhino][Vind][Rhino][Rhino][Pred]
_______[Assault]__________[Assault]

The ASMs hide behind the tanks for cover saves, assaulting or counter-assaulting when they get in range.

RealGenius
01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Interesting. But it almost looks like a BT or BA list, instead of a Vanilla Marines.

Ghoulio
01-30-2010, 05:02 PM
It looks like it could be a very competitive list. Lost of decent anti tank, totally Meched up with some good counter units. My only complaints would be it is a very "spammy/boring" list. There is only 1 type of HQ (both the same, same equip), 1 unit of troops (ie 1x4 of the same), 1 Fast attack (diddo) and almost the same for Heavy. If that doesnt bother you then kill away lol

bob9801
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
It looks like it could be a very competitive list. Lost of decent anti tank, totally Meched up with some good counter units. My only complaints would be it is a very "spammy/boring" list. There is only 1 type of HQ (both the same, same equip), 1 unit of troops (ie 1x4 of the same), 1 Fast attack (diddo) and almost the same for Heavy. If that doesnt bother you then kill away lol

I agree. It looks pretty good and should operate well but the diversity is low and I am inclined to think battles will play out pretty similarly. could be very good for tournaments though.

Melissia
01-30-2010, 09:54 PM
there's no real need to have diversity as long as you are capable of handling tanks, infantry, and giant monsters. This list makes up for lack of "diversity" with redundancy.