PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Space Marine Test list

Iceheart2112
01-30-2010, 08:25 PM
So with much of the metagame working on going against the two latest armies (IG and Nids), and me thinking about going a different direction than many, this is a list I threw together thinking it might do well.

HQ:
Captain - Artificer Armor, Power Sword, Melta Bombs, Bike - 170
Master of the Forge - Power Sword, Bike - 150

Elite:
Dreadnought - 2x TL Autocannon - 125

Troop:
Bike Squad - 5, 2x Flamers, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ Power Sword, Melta Bombs - 245
Bike Squad - 5, 2x Flamers, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ Power Sword, Melta Bombs - 245

Fast Attack:
Land Speeder - Multi Melta - 60

Hvy Support:
Ironclad Dreadnought - DCCW w/ Hvy Flamer, Siege Hammer w/ Meltagun, Drop Pod - 180
Ironclad Dreadnought - DCCW w/ Hvy Flamer, Siege Hammer w/ Meltagun, Drop Pod - 180

1850 on the dot.

So the way I see it is this. Versus mech lists the Rifleman Dreds take out enemy transports; vs nids they go after MC's. The Ironclads drop in for those hard to reach tanks or to tarpit hordes (the Drop Pods help block lines of sight or blocks lines of movement). The Land Speeder's job is much the same, through DS or just fast movement, or a last minute objective contester. The Bike squads can link up with either the captain or master and can hurt hordes or AV/MC's with the Flamers or MM/Melta Bombs. The list is very fast with the bikes, and a decent back line of Dreadnoughts. I've also thought about getting power fists on the Bike Sgt's and putting a relic blad on the captain...something along these lines:

HQ:
Captain - Relic Blade, Bike - 165

Troops:
Bike Squad - 5, 2x Flamers, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ Power Fist - 250
Bike Squad - 5, 2x Flamers, Attack Bike w/ Multi Melta, Sgt w/ Power Fist - 250
Bike Squad - 5, 2x Flamers, Attack Bike w/ Hvy Bolter, Sgt w/ Power Fist - 240

It takes advantage of the sgt's lack of bolt pistol, but it loses its CC punch against AV14.

Any thoughts?