PDA

View Full Version : Forge World postage is HORRIBLY slow!

OzDestro
09-25-2014, 04:22 AM
Hi there,
I wondered if anyone else had this experience.
I ordered the two most recent Horus Heresy tomes from Forge World on August the 4th.
I paid for express postage so it would have a tracking number and also get here quickly.
It is now September the 25th and I still don't have them.

They were very expensive and you would think there would be better customer service!

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Wolfshade
09-25-2014, 04:34 AM
Well what does the tracking informationsay, if it has been dispatched it isn't really FW's fault it is their courier of choice.
If it is not dispatched then give them a ring and go "where's my palstic crack"

Mr Mystery
09-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Yup.

Gather your info before jumping on them.

Also depends where it's being shipped to.

YorkNecromancer
09-25-2014, 06:33 AM
I live a couple of hours down the road from Nottingham, and it still takes 28 days for their stuff to reach me. A lot of their casting is done by hand, and if you've ordered a huge kit, well, that takes time to process. Forge world =/= Games Workshop.

Granted, it sounds like you've been waiting a long time, but that doesn't mean you need to come here to complain. I would check the courier first: has it been lost in postage? Is it delayed? Then, if it's not the courier's fault, phone FW themselves. Then, if I had no movement from them and it had become a severe issue, I contact consumer services, because you have rights as a buyer.

Postage takes time, especially in this hobby, especially from Forge World. That's just how it is.

Mr.Pickelz
09-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Even if me and some buddies go in on an order to get free shipping it takes around 4 months to get the order, but that's because we're in Texas, USA. Have you tried E-mailling Forgeworld about the issue? They're pretty good about responding, from my experience. If you have a tracking number, then try talking to them, maybe the package got lost?

Psychosplodge
09-25-2014, 09:20 AM
I don't think I've ever waited for more than a fortnight, but I suppose it depends whats in stock and whats cast to order.

Pssyche
09-25-2014, 09:21 AM
I buy a lot of Forge World and in my experience there is a seasonal aspect to this.
At this time of year they are servicing all of the various gamesdays and exhibitions that they attend.
Consequently they can and do get a bit backlogged.

But first off, as has already been suggested, check your order's tracking.

Deadlift
09-25-2014, 09:40 AM
Well what does the tracking informationsay, if it has been dispatched it isn't really FW's fault it is their courier of choice.
If it is not dispatched then give them a ring and go "where's my palstic crack"

Its usually UPS and in my experience and they are pretty good, but I would still contend that slow courier service is still down to FW due to it being their preferred choice.

aMMokschaf
09-25-2014, 09:54 AM
I live in Germany and it never took more than two weeks to get my order, even when i ordered a lot of stuff. I didn't even use express shipping.

Pssyche
09-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Its usually UPS and in my experience and they are pretty good, but I would still contend that slow courier service is still down to FW due to it being their preferred choice.

Can't argue with that.
It's exactly how I feel about UPS.

Defenestratus
09-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Not only is their shipping slow if you don't pay for express*, but their packaging processes are horribly inadequate compared to their "competitors".

The fact that my phantom pieces came in baggies that were just tossed in a box with one damn air pillow in there was ridiculous.

BananaDynasty
09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
I've found forgeworld delivery times to be random at best. I bought a imperial armour book which took just over a week to arrive and a tomb stalker which arrived in two days. So it could depend on a number of things such as you placed an order during August which is when most people are on holiday so they may have only had a skeleton crew staff but it may also depend on what country you live in. Call forgeworld and give the relevant info, just explain the situation and they may send your order out again because your first purchase may have been lost in the post.

vharing
09-25-2014, 05:19 PM
I live in north western Canada, and have ordered from forgeworld three times. Terminator shoulder pads tooks 3 weeks, contemptor dread took five weeks and two 30k apothicaries took six weeks. All were ordered using standard shipping. I'd say their shipping is really hit and miss for times.

Gir
09-25-2014, 06:17 PM
I found on average express post (to Australia) is around a week, and standard is over a month. It's been pretty consistent for me in this regard, and I used to order a lot from Forge World.

Pssyche
09-26-2014, 02:58 PM
I ordered a Phantom Titan Pulsar from Forge World yesterday afternoon and this afternoon received a dispatch notice via email.

You can't expect better than that.
Now to see how long it takes to arrive.
I'll update when it does.

Incidentally, did the OP ever resolve where his package was and who's fault it had been?

Psychosplodge
09-29-2014, 01:45 AM
My dwarf command turned up on friday, which was five working days.

Pssyche
10-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Phantom Titan Pulsar ordered on 25th, arrived on 29th.

davethepak
10-10-2014, 01:54 PM
I order a LOT of FW stuff (I usually coordinate the orders for my group of friends, and we make several large orders a year).

A couple of things;

1 - When ordering small orders, it takes a while, but I have not saved that info....maybe from about two weeks to a month?
2- when ordering large orders that get free shipping, I have had a VERY different experience.

Our last four large (i.e. enough to get free shipping) orders have ARRIVED IN LESS THAN ONE WEEK.

Yes. and that is shipping to dallas texas usa.

Usually if I get the order in over the weekend - I get it in the mail the following friday.

So, while I don't have a lot of info on regular post (or expedited) shipments, I do have a consistent experience with the big free shipping orders.

Dave Pak