PDA

View Full Version : Ambushers

Majorcrash
01-31-2010, 10:11 AM
I have been having a good deal of luck with my mordor orcs, but have been looking for away to throw in a few surprizes at my opponents. Has anyone had any luck with ambushers. I have tried to use Shelob to cause mayhem in the back field. But as they come out of their hiding spot they have to stand their and wait for awole turn, before they can do anything.

Bean
02-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Shelob is pretty good, though a bit pricy. She kicks out good damage in combat, but is really not tough--she can't really take shots at all, so you have to be pretty careful about where she ends up.

I played in a big, multiplayer LOTR game a few weeks back and Shelob pretty much won us the game by ambushing some elves on an objective and driving them off.

She's a lot of points, though, for what essentially amounts to one good trick followed by a crunchy distraction.

Majorcrash
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
As most of the good armies tend to be defensive in nature. They holding back using artillery and bows to wear them out. I wanted a ambusher to spoil this tactic. Yes she's expensive but for fluff issues i wanted to stay in the mordor lists. and they're arnt any other good ambushers to choose from plus she makes a very dangerous threat that can't be ignored.