PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Aces

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Yep, ordered mine off that Amazon - £19 delivered, which I thought was quite reasonable.

Anyone else got their mitts on it already?

Houghten
09-27-2014, 02:18 AM
I, too, ordered mine off that Amazon for £19 delivered, but mine still says "Not yet dispatched. Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 02:56 AM
Odd.

Though mine is through an Amazon 3rd Party seller, rather than Amazon themselves?

Houghten
09-27-2014, 04:06 AM
That's probably it, mine's from Amazon EU S.a.r.L. (I have not the faintest idea for what that stands [Edit: Apparently it's a French acronym roughly equivalent to Ltd. Why is Amazon.co.uk organising my packages from France?]).

On the plus side, I got the numbers wrong; mine's only costing me £16!

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 05:29 AM
That's a good price!

Man, I need to get Amazon Prime back!

pgarfunkle
09-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Amazon aren't great with dates for X-wing pre-orders.From experience they go from "needing more time to provide and estimate" which if you call them becomes don't know if we are getting them at all to having dispatched them within days. Now that the US has them on general release Amazon should have them to ship within the next week or two.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2014, 05:49 AM
Just read an Amazon review.

Well, I can see Proton Rockets being incredibly popular! Secondary Weapon, 3 Attack Dice - pretty nice so far. Oh, and as long as your Pilot Skill is 2 or higher? Yeah, feel free to add your Agility to those attack dice, to an additional 3....

A-Wings just became Giant Slayers!

interrogator_chaplain
09-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Surely there's no coincidence that this build is possible?
Prototype Pilot (17) + Proton Rockets (3) 20

Aim at a big target and fire. 25 dice.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2014, 06:33 AM
That's pretty awesome!

interrogator_chaplain
09-28-2014, 08:36 AM
Gotta buy 2 1/2 Rebel aces to do it though, and 3 A-Wings to do it. But you'll get a lot of Chardan Refits out of it.

Brakkart
09-28-2014, 09:47 AM
That's probably it, mine's from Amazon EU S.a.r.L. (I have not the faintest idea for what that stands [Edit: Apparently it's a French acronym roughly equivalent to Ltd. Why is Amazon.co.uk organising my packages from France?]).

On the plus side, I got the numbers wrong; mine's only costing me £16!

It isn't coming from France. EU S.a.r.L. means it comes from Amazon's facility in the Channel Islands (where they use a mix of French and English terms). Your parcel is coming from Jersey.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Gotta buy 2 1/2 Rebel aces to do it though, and 3 A-Wings to do it. But you'll get a lot of Chardan Refits out of it.

One of the only issues I have with more formal play - the insistence on having the right number of cards.

For me, as long as you have the right model, base ID, and at least one example of the card, I'm happy :)

interrogator_chaplain
09-28-2014, 06:10 PM
I was going to say you sound like a joy to play with, but having played with you already, I know it is. (Could you tell that day that I had a crazy bad cold? Moments after you left I fell back into my seat and nearly passed out I exerted so much effort. Also, I still have your tape measurer. It has continued to play many games since. If you ever want it back let me know.)

My gaming group (I'm still getting to know them, my best friends who were my Warhammer sparring partners moved to go to college this year.) for X-Wing is a particular bunch of sticklers for this kind of thing.

Mr Mystery
09-29-2014, 02:41 AM
You had a cold, I had a hangover - great game!

And don't worry about the tape measure - consider it a trophy of your merciless defeat :p

Mr Mystery
09-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Woop! Despatch confirmed - should have them Thursday!

And my battle mat should be here today (review later on, if I remember!)

alshrive
10-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Mystery, what battle mat did you order? Mine is currently en route but I haven't heard/seen any reviews of any so I went for a bit of a shot in the dark. I am also looking at trying to find some decent 3d asteroids for terrain if you have any input. My friend got me in to x-wing a few weeks ago and it is safe to say I am hooked. Also, I am still about, albeit more in a lurker capacity due to work.

Mr Mystery
10-03-2014, 03:24 AM
I got mine from www.venombattlegear.co.uk

It looks a bit shonky on the website, but I can vouch they're fo' real yo. £22 delivered for the 3x3 Orion Nebula.

At that sort of price, I will be buying from them again, so I have a variety of environments to shoot down Rebel scum in :p

3D Asteroids do have drawbacks - there's specific rules for parking on top of them, which of course you can't do with 3D ones. Having said that, happy medium would be 'you just have to completely avoid them' as a house rule.....

Brenlak
10-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Picked up two sets of the Rebel Aces from my FLGS a few short hours ago! I forgot it was Friday and apparently there are new magic cards out, what a zoo! Haven't opened them yet I have a pretty busy night ahead of me (100 deviled eggs kinda busy, sigh) but I will post when I do!

Mr. Mystery I can't wait for your battle mat to get here (I mean there) so you can share whats on your Mind Grapes.

I am also looking at trying to find some decent 3d asteroids for terrain if you have any input.

Like mystery said the trouble is when you have to go over them, Has anybody tried playing with obstacles as if they were ships? that would fix the 3D problem, just add the appropriate defense die when shooting through them. (and roll a damage when you collide).
Seeing this is a primarily Games Workshop based forum I feel confident in saying make them out of lumps of polystyrene and stick them on a flying base that has been painted black, that's how we dos it for Battlefleet Gothic!

Now back to my eggciting night!! (Yarp!)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh snap! Just saw this:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3905

It was in another thread, the one about battlemaps, not trying to steal thunder just don't know how to post a link to that thread, this was easier!

Mr Mystery
10-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Well, got mine today.

Ships are nice, upgrades are nice, but as someone who doesn't own any other B-Wings, I can't help but feel, well, a little gypped.

No Autoblaster upgrade card makes Mr Mystery a saaaaad Panda.

Not a biggie as such as I've always intended to have at least 'two of everything;, but with B-Wings being unavailable at the moment, except at silly prices, and each B-Wing coming with just a single Autoblaster card, this could prove problematic for some players.

Tyrendian
10-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Well, got mine today.

Ships are nice, upgrades are nice, but as someone who doesn't own any other B-Wings, I can't help but feel, well, a little gypped.

No Autoblaster upgrade card makes Mr Mystery a saaaaad Panda.

Not a biggie as such as I've always intended to have at least 'two of everything;, but with B-Wings being unavailable at the moment, except at silly prices, and each B-Wing coming with just a single Autoblaster card, this could prove problematic for some players.

mh Autoblaster isn't an upgrade I would lose any sleep over... didn't someone do the math and prove it to be strictly inferior to regular attacks by a B-Wing, or at least not better to justify paying anything for? I have certainly not impressed by its performance when I saw it used...

Houghten
10-23-2014, 02:06 AM
After ten thousand years, my Aces have been dispatched! Estimated arrival date: 31 October.

Mr Mystery
10-23-2014, 03:06 AM
After ten thousand years, my Aces have been dispatched! Estimated arrival date: 31 October.

Dude, never order from a Sarlacc!

pgarfunkle
10-24-2014, 08:46 AM

Mine must have been on the same boat as they have also now been dispatched