PDA

View Full Version : Your top three ships.

Mr Mystery
09-28-2014, 06:51 AM
How do?

So time for a general chit chat thread.

And as per the title - what are your top three ships in X-Wing? Any and all included, yes including the Correlian Corvette!

For me, and in no particular area?

1. Z-95 Headhunter. Just love these ships. Not the greatest base stats in the game, but they just do it for me. Could be nice and cheap chaffe to add targets, or stick some upgrades on and get a very competent missile platform, without breaking the bank thanks to it's low base cost.

2. TIE Interceptor. It's a classic, and I loves it. Nice balance in it's stats, and fun to fly!

3. TIE Phantom. My very, very first ship. Been told it's hard to fly right, but having kicked off with it, I really don't know any different. Lots of fun, and dead 'ard - as long as you prevent your opponent from focussing their firepower on it.

Houghten
09-28-2014, 08:34 AM
The Moldy Crow, the TIE Phantom, and the TIE Defender.

Tabletop efficiency be damned, these are the ships of the games of my childhood.

Brenlak
10-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Lambda Lambda Lambda!!! I love it so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant(No logical reason)!

TIE-Interceptors, solid stats and the boost is great for corrections, throw a targeting computer on it (If you don't Lambda, bro) and its super fun.

Y-Wing, I know it's scum but it has serious staying power and the Ion turret is the envy of TIE-Bombers everywhere.

Deadlift
10-04-2014, 02:05 AM
Tie Fighter, for the points they get the job done.

Tie Phantom, it's just got so many tricks up its sleave. Love it

Millennium Falcon, it's an iconic ship and brings back so many fond memories. Mine usually flys with Chewie. C3PO I've read is a nasty upgrade. Yet to try it myself.

Tyrendian
10-04-2014, 03:30 AM
B-Wing, 'cause it tanks, it hits, and it's helluva fun brick to fly, especially with stuff like Advanced Sensors and/or Engine Upgrade

Tie Interceptor, because of all the shenanigangs guys like Fel can pull of

Tie Phatom, because its shenanigangs make the Interceptor blush...

spaceman91
10-04-2014, 03:19 PM
X-wing: its a work horse and it still gets the job done 4 waves on.

Tie interceptor: let's be honest, when you give this ship to someone who is top class it is almost uncatchable. Soontir Fel take top spot for pilot in my book aswell.

B-wing: Its a tank! May only have one evade die but this thing just keeps chugging on. Brutal attacks and customisable means that its got to be on the list.

Honourable mention: A-wing: It's not as hard hitting as its sister the Tie/Int but still a solid ship. Slightly unloved but used right, a fine ship

eldargal
10-05-2014, 02:10 AM
TIE Defender 'cos it is pretty
TIE Interceptor 'cos it is pretty and fast
YT-1300 'cos it is pretty and iconic

Psychosplodge
10-06-2014, 02:36 AM
Well my OTP is Flutterdash then I think probably LunaSparkle and OctiSparkle.

errant82
10-06-2014, 05:04 PM
X-Wing - Reliable, fun to fly, tough, decent firepower, and some fantastic pilots. Wedge is a fiend!!!
Millennium Falcon/YT-1300 - Tough, fast, great firepower, highly customisable for different tasks.
Y-Wing - A reliable old workhorse. Always does me proud when equipped with an ion cannon..one of the ultimate supporting players.

kellyj
10-06-2014, 06:06 PM
B-Wing with Farlander and PTL. More stress please, I need to shoot better.
X-Wing with Wedge. Please drop your green dice.
Z-95 with Cracken and Vet. Shoot first and pass an action.

No opinion on Empire since my Tie-Ints just arrived today and I've never flown them.

Psychosplodge
10-07-2014, 01:23 AM
oops, just from an aesthetics viewpoint

1. X-wing
2.B-wing
3. TIE defender

0rph3u5
10-07-2014, 02:40 PM
My Top 3:

TIE Defender - it's versatily often goes unrewarded, the design in epic and because Rexler Brath never seems to lose if he is the last man standing
TIE Bomber - 'cause I have a weak spot for all that others disregard as broken, and because their staying power per point is unmatched
TIE Interceptor - because back in the days of Wave 3 they never disappointed