PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WoC: All-Cav

Aristocrap
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Just thought I'd give this list I came up with a try. This is pretty much my first real WoC list. Suggestions and comments would be much appreciated!

Lords and Heroes:
Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord - 385
MoT, Disk of Tzeentch, Enchanted Shield, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Spell Familiar, Bloodcurling Roar

Lvl 2 Sorcerer - 210
MoT, Disk of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Protection

Lvl 2 Sorcerer - 206
MoN, Chaos Steed, Dispell Scrolls x2

Core:
Chaos Warhounds x5 - 30

Chaos Warhounds x5 - 30

Chaos Warhounds x5 - 30

Marauder Horsemen x5 - 91
MoS, Flails, Musician

MoS, Flails, Musician

MoS, Flails, Musician

Special:
Chaos Knights x5 - 295
MoN, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Rage

Chaos Knights x5 - 280
MoN, Musician, Standard Bearer, Rapturous Standard

Chaos Knights x5 - 290
MoT, Musician, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard

Dragon Ogres x3 - 231

Total: 2260 (As you can see, I'm 10 points over. What should I shave off?)

jamesTFL
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Take out the dragon ogres and add a choppy character in to protect all your wizards from enemy monsters/choppy characters. Also putting your lord on a disk is a real risk since you cant join him up to other units to get protection. If you want him mobile run him around with marauder cav, that way he has look out sir and shooting absorbtion, while retaining fast cav abilities.

Might want to mark one of those knights khorne and drop the banners entirely as those 100 point capturables are a points risk, and your knights shoudl either be winning by several or not charging, generally you dont want ot risk 300 points to dice rolls, more than you have to. MoN is ok Vs shooting but most shooting that scares your knights is guess range anyway ( cannons, stone throwers) those points could probably be spent more effectively. The mark of tzeench isn't terribly helpful unless you have a warshrine in there and are going for box cars. Either way i'd bring a warshrine to hold a flank or your rear and buff up which ever knight unit needs it.

Cheers

Nikephoros
02-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I would drop the spell familiar on your Lord and give him Rending Sword for re-rolls to wound on Bloodcurdling Roar and all his spells, or just give it to him and follow my advice below to shave points.

I would drop the raptorous standard and standard bearer on your nurgle knights and make them Khorne to save some points. I'd probably also do that for the other Nurgle unit. Oh, and whatever knight unit will be taking your scroll caddy, I'd make sure to give them a unit champ to take the challenges.

Waltz
02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I ran a similar magic set up but wasn't too impressed with it (you might have more luck though)

The disks are fine as most of the tzeench spells don't need LoS so you can hide them behind your units (You just have to be careful of large flying creatures that can still spot them).

I like book (who’s name escapes me) that gives you +1PD and another spell (but you lose and dispel dice the char would add).

The dragon ogres aren't worth it.

MoN and banner of rage is good, I would drop the rapturous banner and get a war banned in there.

Might want to drop the MoS from the marauders as with will of chaos they get to reroll panic tests and they are still a bit of a throw away unit so you don't want to waste too many points on them. Dogs are good though.

Might want to slip a BSB in there if you can in exchange of the dragon ogres.

elrodogg
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I would playtest running two units of 6 strong knights with banners and 2 chariots. Rage and warbanner are the two items the knights want to tote. Chariots really are fantastic, mark of slaanesh of course.

If you drop the blasted standard knights and the ogres, add in 2 more knights and 2 chariots, that will net you about 180ish points, which is enough for an army standard.

Also consider swapping the mark on the level 2 for nurgle. 2 buboes a phase is epic.

Waltz
02-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I am running two chariots and one unit of knights (planning to get another) in 2250 they are awesome, love them to bits.