PDA

View Full Version : Ciaphas Cain and Jurgen

SeanDMon
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Title says it all. I'm gonna throw my ideas out, you guys rip it to shreds and/or help me assign points to these bad boys.

Commissar Ciaphas Cain

WS 5 BS 4 S 3 T 3 I 4 Wo 3 A 4 Ld 9 Sv 4+

Equipment: Laspistol and chainsword

Armor: Carapace armor

Rules:

Stubborn (confer to squad and Jurgen)

Magnanimous Presence: Ciaphas Cain has a well-earned reputation for being a fair and just Commissar, such a rare occurrence that his mere presence bolsters the morale of surrounding troopers.

Any squad joined by Ciaphas Cain may re-roll failed Morale and Pinning tests.

Tingling Palms: Ciaphas Cain has a precognitive awareness of danger that can sometimes border on the psychic. Treat his save as Invulnerable.

Hero of the Imperium: Cain has a reputation as a front-line Commissar who craves action, despite his best efforts to keep himself behind the lines as often as possible. Because of this reputation, he often finds himself assigned to squads going on the most dangerous missions during a campaign.

If your army includes a squad of Stormtroopers (Guard and Inquisitorial) and/or Veterans, Ciaphas and Jurgen must join one of these squads. If you have multiples of either/both Stormies/Vets, you may choose a squad at your discretion. If you do not have either of these two kinds of squads, Ciaphas and Jurgen are then assigned to your HQ.

Master Swordsman: Cain is one of the best swordmasters in the Imperium. His CC attacks have the Rending USR.

Attendant Jurgen

WS 3 BS 4 S 3 T 3 I 3 Wo 2 A 1 Ld 7 Sv 4+

Equipment: Hot-shot lasgun and meltagun

Armor: Carapace armor

Rules:

Look out, sir!- Arrgh! (applicable only to Cain)

Blank: Jurgen is a rare breed of human being with no registering presence in the warp; in essence, he exists without a soul. Warp-spawned daemons and those who use psychic powers find his very presence intolerable, and their powers fizzle to nothingness around him.

Any Psychic or Daemonic powers targeted at Jurgen, Cain, or their attached squad automatically fails. This includes squad upgrades such as Sopoforic Musk, Force Weapons, etc. Psykers or Daemons wishing to assault Jurgen, Cain, or their attached squad must pass a Ld. test at -2 Ld., regardless of other factors (Fearless, etc.). If the test is failed, they may not launch any assaults that turn. Any Psychic or Daemonic power not targetted at Jurgen but draws LoS within 6" of Jurgen will automatically fail.

Crack Driver: Jurgen's squad may take a special transport Salamander with a 12-model capacity and a pintle-mounted storm bolter at X points. When embarked, Cain may fire the pintle-mounted storm bolter at his BS. Jurgen's Salamander always counts as having rolled a 6 for "Overcharged Engines" to represent his...unique driving style.

Rip it to shreds, help me assign points, etc.

Master Bryss
02-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Initial thoughts say 80 points for Cain and 50 for Jurgen.

Serious thoughts:
This is actually quite good.

Stupid thoughts:
Due to Jurgen's body odour you should also count him as having offensive and defensive grenades, and possibly a small Leadership penalty to enemy squads with at least one model in base contact with him.

Cain should have the ability to always flee from combat with no opportunity for a Sweeping Advance by the enemy. (he's looking out for himself after all!)

SeanDMon
02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Come up with a few extra, fluffy rules to add:

"Jurgen! Fire!" - Cain bravely acts to distract the foe, allowing his aide a clear shot. This cannot be used in the first round of a close combat, but can be used in any subsequent rounds in which both Cain and Jurgen are alive and in the same close combat. Jurgen may, instead of his normal close combat attacks, choose to make a single attack as if armed with a Powerfist. (This rule was created by the user Veag on Warseer. The next part is my own addition) Jurgen uses his BS as his WS when using this attack.

"Emperor on Earth...not them!"- If Cain and Jurgen are taken against an opponent fielding any Necron units, Cain loses his Stubborn USR.

"Cain, darling...I've found you again"- If Cain and Jurgen are taken against an opponent using the Chaos Daemons codex, they may take a special Daemon Prince(ss) with the following profile.

Emeli, the Dark Princess of Slaanesh
WS 8 BS 4 St 5 T 5 Wo 4 I 8 A 4 Ld. 10 Sv. 4+ Inv

Equipment: Rending claws, Aura of Acquiescence, Sopoforic Musk, Transfixing Gaze

Armor: None

Special rules:

Monstrous Creature
Fearless
Daemon
Eternal Warrior
Invulnerable!

"Get that thing away!" - Emeli has a particular hatred of Jurgen, counting him as the main reason she lost Cain the second time they met. If Emeli is in CC with Jurgen, roll a D6. On a 1, 2, or 3, Emeli flies into a berserk rage at the sight of the disheveled trooper. All her attacks must be allocated on Jurgen.

"Come, Cain...Join me." - Cain is the only man who has resisted Emeli's charms twice. She considers him a high prize, and will seek to turn him to Slaanesh during any confrontation. If Emeli removes Cain's last wound in CC, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 or 2, Cain is finally turned to Slaanesh and allows Emeli to embrace him. Remove both Cain and Emeli from the table as casualties, as Emeli immidietely transports her new 'lover' back to the Warp. This event gives the player controlling Emeli +2 Kill Points or +1 Objective at the conclusion of the game. On any other roll, Cain resists Emeli's charms once again and is instead removed as a casualty as normal (we assume he is simply knocked unconscious and dragged to safety by any survivors).

Magos
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
This sorta makes me want to play Valhallans