PDA

View Full Version : BoLS Con 2010

Shavnir
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
When is it? You might consider having a sticky with some basic info (even if its preliminary "expect it in month X" stuff) for those that need to plan out a bit.

Aims
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.bolscon.com/

When? July 29th through August 1st.
Where? The Austin Doubletree, same as last year.

There are some other posts in this forum that have that information in them.

Jwolf
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I've been working on a rational plan for the Friday events. The WFB and 40K GTs have the rules published.

I expect to announce and formally open registration after the 40K pairs test this weekend.

Shavnir
02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
http://www.bolscon.com/

When? July 29th through August 1st.
Where? The Austin Doubletree, same as last year.

There are some other posts in this forum that have that information in them.

Ah, thanks. I poked around a little bit but I think this information might do well to be stickied.

Duke
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
The way it seems now is that if we aren't doing the team tourney then we could just come Saturday and Sunday...

Hopefully I can make it this year... Road Trip!

Duke

Aims
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
You can... as far as I'm aware. Just be sure you get your army lists in WELL ahead of time and that you show up pretty early on Saturday morning so I can track down your registration stuff.

Duke
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Good to know, thanks Aims

Duke

Orminah
02-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Is there going to be an Idiot's Guide to prepping for BoLSCon? Lol.

Duke
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
IF so sign me up for one.

chapterhousestudios
02-14-2010, 09:40 AM
I had a question..

If we want to play friday and on the weekend, I know we pay 2 separate fees (for friday and the weekend each).

Do we have to pay another fee (the badge fee) as well?

I mean it seems a given that you have to have a badge to play in the tournaments, is that fee included in the cost of the tournament.

If it is not, I think its a little overboard to have to pay for a walk around badge for$30, a badge to play friday for $25 and another badge to saturday for $50.

I guess if we are already willing to pay for separate friday and saturday tournament fees, it is a kick in the balls to have to pay a "walking around" fee.

Jwolf
02-16-2010, 10:23 AM
I had a question..

If we want to play friday and on the weekend, I know we pay 2 separate fees (for friday and the weekend each).

Do we have to pay another fee (the badge fee) as well?

I mean it seems a given that you have to have a badge to play in the tournaments, is that fee included in the cost of the tournament.

If it is not, I think its a little overboard to have to pay for a walk around badge for$30, a badge to play friday for $25 and another badge to saturday for $50.

I guess if we are already willing to pay for separate friday and saturday tournament fees, it is a kick in the balls to have to pay a "walking around" fee.

Well, we could increase the price of the tournaments and do away with the "walking around" fee. But the badge fee covers part of the costs for the tournament prizes, the space, the painting prizes, and the random prizes. So I could change to $35 and $70 for the tournaments and add a seperate category for open gaming and painting; thinking about it that way might make it seem like less of a kick in the balls and more like 2 tournaments put together.

Since we're larger this year, the pricing is effectively reduced. We do run a little more than most IGTs because we spend a lot more; our prize $$ per capita is roughly 3x that of any other tournament.

Faultie
02-16-2010, 12:33 PM
He's not kidding about the prizes. I walked away with a whole stash of goodies last year!