PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tyranids - need help!

Herald of Nurgle
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Hai. I'm thinking about starting Nids, and I need help choosing a decent force before I start buying.

Last time I tried to collect Nids I sold them off a month after due to lack of motivation, but this time I KNOW I want to use them and this means I won't be putting off painting and the such. I don't care if it's little guys or Nidzilla as long as the list is fun, but harsh to the opponent if they don't take the fun seriously (Flowerloc attack!). I'm fine with converting and stuff lmao.

Here's my first thoughts on a 1500pt list...
1500 'Wicked Wasps of the East'
Winged Hive Tyrant with Hive Commander, Acid Blood, and Toxic Miasma. (285)
Winged Hive Tyrant with Hive Commander, Acid Blood, and Toxic Miasma. (285)

15 Termagaunts with Fleshborers. (75)
15 Termagaunts with Fleshborers. (75)
10 Termagaunts with Fleshborers. (75)
Tervigon with Catalyst and Onslaught. (190)

20 Gargoyles with Fleshborers and Toxin Sacs. (140)
20 Gargoyles with Fleshborers and Toxin Sacs. (140)

Trygon Prime with Regeneration. (225)
Trygon Prime with Regeneration. (225)

Yeah. It's 595 over points, but I don't really know what to cut and stuff. The idea is that two of the Tervigons Outflank, while Onslaughting Termagaunts which they spawn, while the Tyrants each take a unit of Gargoyles and try to kick the crap out of something further up. Trygon Primes come up in the main army in order to give some Synapse. Yeah, pretty basic then.

Comments? Need Help!!! :D

Tynskel
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Simple- you need to start over.
595 points over is too much to 'cut' you made a 2000 point list for 1500 point game.

Otherwise:
GET RID of the TERVIGONS.

You want a 'Wicked Wasps of the East' then you need to think like wasps: Tervigons are not wasps, they are lumbering beasts.

Drop the Termagants- they are not quick, like wasps.

In fact drop all of your troops choices- you now have 200 points to work with.

You need some more- cut the Gargoyles squads by 5 models each. A 1500 point game- 30 Gargoyles is good enough!

Ditch Prime on one Trygon, upgrade such trygon with all the buffs. Make your opponent decide: Shoot the one with Synapse, or shoot the one with all the upgrades.

Next: Drop one Tyrant- replace with Parasite of Mortrex- attach parasite to squad of gargoyles.
hmmmm..... Here's a reworked list.

1500 Points
HQ 445
Doom Class Tyrant
Tyrant, Hive Commander, Acid Blood, Toxic Miasma, Paroxysm, Psychic Scream
Parasite of Mortrex

FAST ATTACK 415
Sky Slasher Swarm
5 Bases, Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands
Gargoyles
20 Gargoyles, Toxin Sacs
Harpy

Hv SUPPORT 380
Trygon with Adrenal Glands
Mawloc

TROOPS 260
Genestealers
11 Genestealers, One upgraded to Brood Lord
10 Hormagaunts

Flying swarms = harassment army. They are fast, but not rugged. The army needs cohesion, or the forces will split and become easy to destroy. Confusion is the weapon of Speed. Speed doesn't mean anything if your opponent can methodically destroy you. Everyone needs to hit, and hit hard- on your terms. That's the idea of a fast 'wasp' army.

The Hormagaunts can outflank because of the Hive Tyrant.
The Genestealers can outflank due to the Infiltrate.

Trygon + Mawloc combo is solid: You have one deepstrike nearby, and the other deep strike right into the enemy lines. Just right on top of them. The mawloc is a suicide unit. You should use it that way. Take something out with him- preferably that Land Raider that has no where to escape due to being boxed in by tanks! The Trygon will draw fire- fine. That's fire not hitting the Hive Tyrant or Harpy.

The Harpy is strictly a Harassment Unit. You want it to be next to the Hive Tyrant at all costs. Screen both the Tyrant and Harpy with the Gargoyles and Sky Slashers (I know Swams don't grant cover saves to Monsterous- but they grant saves to the Gargoyles.)

The Parasite is your slick touch: I know you picked the Tervigons for the popping out the termagants. The parasite produces rippers- rippers are scoring units- look it up! No one has noticed that BIG change in the codex.

gcsmith
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Rippers are not scoring, In BRB under scoring, swarms cannot score

Tynskel
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Well, I'll be darned.

Forgot about that.

Doh!