ST, BS

Zoanthropes x3

Zoanthrope (a)
Synapse

Zoanthrope (b)
Warp Blast, PS

Zoanthrope (c)
Warp Blast, PS

These were built on these principles (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=460).

drummerholt1234
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
No body? Sad day :(

mkerr
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
No body? Sad day :(

Your army list is really tough to read. If you cleaned it up a bit, you'd probably get more responses.

Both lists look pretty effective at the point levels (the lower the points, the better for Tyranids). Psychic Choirs are still a great foundation, but I think you really need a decent amount Psychic Screams to make it work.

Here are my comments on the list.

1. Walking Tyrants with Devourers are a pain. They'll get their shots and are a tough unit to deal with. They'll do really well in a 1500pt game. I tend to go with heavier weapons on mine, but they are a great unit for the price. If you can manage to play on a smaller board (say 4x4), they are terrifying.

2. Lash Whips are hit or miss too. I use them with my Tyrant Guard but in most games I'd rather have the extra attack. If I control the assault, then I can eliminate a single Power Fist attack. But if my opponent controls the assault, then I'm losing wounds for combat resolution. In most cases, the talons are better.

3. Both Genestealers should be outflanking.

4. I typically only take one unit of WoN gaunts (they are only there to grab objectives in my backfield). I'd use those points for more gaunts in brood #2.

--MKerr

Chumbalaya
08-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Looks fine for Tyranids ;)

Tyrants look fine, lash whips are definitely worth it. I'd try to find points for Shadow in the Warp, it shuts down nasty psykers like crazy.

I'd prefer the stealers as cheap as possible with feeder tendrils. Sit behind your MC wall and protect your big bugs, while getting cover of your own. Outflanking is risky.

I think 1 unit of gaunts would be enough, some sacrificial rippers wouldn't be too bad.

Zoanthropes need WB. You have nothing to scratch AV14 and the focused blast is your best shot.