PDA

View Full Version : Its another 1500 Nid list. Might be worth a look anyway.

The other guy
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Its not quite a "death from above" list but it is close.

Tyrant (sword, whip and talons), Hive Commander, leech essence, paroxysm = 205

Zoans x 3 in a vanilla spore = 220

Ymgarl Stealers x 8 = 184

Vanilla Stealers x 16 = 224

Termagaunts x 15 plus vanilla spore = 115

Mega Hormagaunts x 30, (Adrenal glands, toxin sacs) = 300
**Outflanking due to Hive Commander**

Trygon Prime = 240

Total - 1503 KP = 10
Starting on board = The Tyrant

Main Tactic plans = Tyrant runs to cover first turn. Everything else turns up everywhere else on turns 2 onward. The enemy will have to prepare for units falling from the sky, underneath them, from the sides and in terrain. Hopefully some of them will be surprises.
I know the Hormagaunts cost lots, but what is going to expect a unit of 30 attacking from the short sides, furious charge, wounding on 4s, with a danger range of reliably 16"-18"?

Inigo Montoya
02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Pretty good, but I have not seen a sucessful tyrnaid bomb list yet.

It is just too random and minimizes the synnergy of the units. There is no doubt that one or two of those units will create big problems, but a lot of them will just die when they hit.

I for one have been taking allied inquisitor + 2 mystics since the new dex came out. That is a real problem for you. I know I am not the only one that has started doing this, and until the new codex stabilizes, I think you will see it a lot. Your zoanthropes pop in behind my land raider? Well, my sternguard squad get 20 hellfire shots on them, wounding on 2's. Not what you want to see.

I think that a couple of pods and an outflanking squad will work, but you need more on the board on turn 1 to apply early pressure.

Tynskel
02-05-2010, 01:32 AM
You have 10 more points on your Tyrant than abilities listed.

I would ditch the Trygon Prime for a Mawloc. The Mawloc could solve the 'Inquisitor' problem. ::Nom nom nom nom nom:: It can also start on the board, burrow, turn 2 pop out. Although, Deep Strike will work too: you come in on a 3+ turn 2 anyhow.

Plus that frees ~70 points- get a tyrant guard for the tyrant (or wings). You could ditch one termagant pod and 10 Horms freeing another 140 points- take a 4 warrior squad with Death Spitters. That'll screen your tyrant, and the terms will screen your warriors. Probably have a few extra points to beef up that Termagant screen squad. Tah-dah!

The other guy
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks for your advice, what do you think of my (slight) changes?

Tyrant (sword, whip, Stranglethorn Cannon), Wings, Hive Commander, leech essence, paroxysm = 275

Zoans x 3 in a vanilla spore = 220

Ymgarl Stealers x 8 = 184

Vanilla Stealers x 9, toxin sacs = 153

Mega Hormagaunts x 20, (Adrenal glands, toxin sacs) = 200
**Outflanking due to Hive Commander**

Trygon Prime = 240

Total - 1503 KP = 11 Troop units x 4
Starting on board = None

Same tactics as before, appear everywhere and destroy them.