PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about 8th and suggestions.

xxvaderxx
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi guys, im posting here because ive been hearing some rummors about an 8th edition comming this (2010) or next year.
Among some of the rummors out there, there is a general felling that GW will try to "agilize" the game, thou the rummors i hear about how they are planning to go about it are rather confusing if not counter productive to that game (basically make stuf roll more dice in combat). While i do agree that the game needs to be changed some how that it plays faster/smother, i think that the main thing that need to be changed or brought up to date is the movement fase, mainly the wheeling movement.
I feel that wheeling takes a rather "long time" to be played correctly, makes movement rather cumbersome and forces you to use a rather flat or simple table.

My suggestion to improbe the movement fase would be the following:
+Make units follow the same rules as monsters do for movement. Most important, change from wheeling to turning over the center of the "base" (block size).
+Only one turning allowed at the begining of the charge to align to target (unlike monsters).
+Fixed % movement cost for turning up to 90º and 180º.

What would this acomplish:
+Faster and easyer to resolve movement fases.
+Keeps the tactical weight of the movement face, while you can move easyer and faster, your units would actually travel shorter distances so moving eficiently is even more important. And you still get secrewed if you are charged on the rear or flanks.
+Keeps the tactical advantage on the movemenface of Fast chivalry and Skirmishers.

How do you feel about this? is there any way to send suggestions to the braintrust at GW, would they even listen to it?