PDA

View Full Version : Dropping powerarmoured Wolfguard

mordiano
02-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi crowd,

In my 1500pts Logan Grimnar veteran themed space wolves list I have the following unit:

Drop pod
Wolfguard battle leader, Terminator, Claw, Shield
8 Wolf gurads

..and here for the decider:

74 pts of equipment for named WG.

I´m thinking about dividing them between 4 plasma pistols and 3 power weapons, but im not quite sure.

As an IG player I know the effect of some close range plasma fire. 7 Plasma pistols?
For sure it takes advantage of the possibility of dissmounting and fireing with more plasma models than otherwise available.

But, Im thinking about switching 3 for power weapons. With thoose I would let the plasma pistolers die from the counter fire and then charge with the power weapons intact.

Opinions??

7 power weapons??

ps. the shield, on a power armoured dude comes at 43pts, almost the price of 3 dudes which nullifies any advantage of a 1/3 save..

The AKH
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
I would spend your points in favour of power weapons rather than plasma pistols - sure, close-ranged plasma fire is nice, but if your WG are going to be that close to the enemy they should be charging them as soon as possible. You'll kill far more enemy troopers with power weapon attacks in CC than you will with 7 plasma pistol shots.

Tynskel
02-06-2010, 03:02 PM
What's the whole list- I can make decisions on tidbits of info, but why when you can see what the entire list looks like.

Chexmix282
02-08-2010, 04:46 AM
I would go with Combi-Plasmas over Pistols IMO. Maybe 4 C-Plasmas, 3 Power Swords, and a Fist.

But that's just me. i dont really find Plasma pistols to ever be worth their points, even when Wolf Guard get them for 5 points cheaper than anyone else. If they were 5 points they would be worth it, but that is never going to happen lol.