PDA

View Full Version : Nidzilla Tervigon spam 2k

Ivarr
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Ok, so I think I am going to build this...just cause I love the idea. Please feel free to comment/criticize. I am aware that many hate spam lists, and also aware that it is quite the spam list, but it will give me a chance to field 3 Trigon models in addition to modelling the Tervigons...

2k nids

Tervigon 210
Scything Talons, adrenal glands, toxin sacs, catalyst
Tervigon 195
Scything Talons, adrenal glands, toxin sacs.
Tervigon 195
Tervigon 195
Tervigon 195
14 Termigants w/devourers 140
20 Termigants 100
20 Termigants 100

Trigon prime 260
Toxin Sacs, Adrenal glands
Trigon 220
Mawloc 190

Plan would be to hold the termigants in reserve hoping to bring at least one trigon on in where it is needed..and follow it with a brood or two of termigants...meanwhile the tervigons do thier thing each turn and the mawlock is for late game objective taking...

what do you guys think?

MVBrandt
02-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Your points are off.

Tervigon w/ adrenals, toxins, catalyst, scytals = 200
Tervigon w/out the scytals = 195
The Trygons should not really be given toxin sacs ... they always have s6 anyway, and with adrenals also gain furious charge; if you need to deal with something like a wraithlord that actually would require an easier time to wound, just throw termagants at it and keep a tervigon w/in 6"

You're going to struggle mightily with anti-transport with what you have currently. Probably need the support of a trio of hive guard squads or something similar, that you can feel no pain to keep alive.

RocketRollRebel
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I faced down 3 Tervigons last night in an 1,850 game and that was more than enough to deal with! I'd say your list serious AT tho. May I suggest investing in a spore full of zoanthropes at least? I was playing mech vet IG vs the triple Tervigon list and while I just couldn't kill all of the gaunts by turn 5, my tanks were completely safe from shooting and it wasn't until some stealers showed up that armor started going down. Also Venomthropes might be a nice investment since your side of the board is going to be crawling with gaunts.