PDA

View Full Version : CSM Whatcha-got-stew list

Exitus Acta Probat
08-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Okay,
this is a whatchagotstew list (what we have, throw it into a pot, and see if it's soup yet after all the ingredients simmer...

I have
3x9 man Thousand Son Marine units (with sorcerer)
1x Noise Marine Squad
1x Ultraforge Pleasure Daemon (DP Slaanesh or GD)
1x Generic/Tzeentch Winged DP
2x Vindicators
1x Rhino
1x ORIGINAL land raider (yes, the butt-ugly beauty that we all know and loathe..and can't get rid of for nostalgia)
access to 30 daemons, and at least one greater daemon (that I have to find).
am thinking of getting a unit of termies and converting them into Slaanesh termies.

I am NOT proficient at building Tzeentch/Slaanesh fluff lists that still have bite. I have solid lists (won RTT with Nurgle/Khorne), but keeping the flavor of changer and seducer and still making it solid is something I want to try...

Help me make soup???

Chumbalaya
08-04-2009, 06:44 AM
TSons are like fish eye soup, yucky :P

I guess you can go for a walking short-ranged shooty army. Not the most effective since TSons are so overpriced and bad, but probably amusing. Lots of dakka up close, with Daemons are assault buffers.

Jwolf
08-04-2009, 07:46 AM
T-sons without a transport a like playing Rochambeau with yourself, that's for sure.

Get Rhinos; Rhinos are the base stock for any good CSM soup. So I added 1 more Rhino than you have (built to roughly 1850; you can add more Daemons for 2000, but the Greater seems like a bad choice - all the characters are pricey.)

I'd go with:
Slaaneshi DP
Tzneetch DP
2x9 T-sons in Rhinos
6 Noise Marines (Champ w/ PW and Doom Siren)
6 Summoned Daemons
9 Summoned Daemons
Possessed Vindicator
Possessed Land Raider (because the model is cool, so you have to use it)

This isn't a great killer list, but it's okay to play around with and determine what you want to take out and add in, and should get good marks for composition. And having no Khorne or Nurgle, it will play very differently from your previous list.

Exitus Acta Probat
08-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Chum:
Yeah, more like Karp filet.....been sitting here looking for an excuse to paint these models, and the bloody dex keeps whispering 'don't do it, they're ****e...' :(

JW:
Land Raider for sure, it was going either there or with my Grey Knights.

This was a collection of stuff I have been accumulating over the past few years (trades and so forth)...

Thanks for the input, and the recommendations that don't involve spending money on something that'll invariably waste it :)
Just love the fluff.