PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Daemons

MetalStorm4786
02-05-2010, 02:04 PM
I've got a 1250 Tourney coming up and this is a Daemon list I was thinking about bringing.

Bloodthirster with Unholy Might
5 Fiends of Slaanesh
3 Flamers of Tzeentch
3 Flamers of Tzeentch
10 Plaguebearers
10 Plaguebearers
Soul Grinder with Phlegm
Soul Grinder with Phlegm

The other list I have in mind is the same as this but drop Unholy Might and swap the Plaguebearers for Bloodletters.

I love Bloodletters, but I don't think they hold objectives as well as Plaguebearers. This list should have enough other killy stuff in it so that the Plaguebearers can just camp two objectives the whole game.

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I agree. It takes something really big to kill Plague Bearers. One question though, how are the fiends of slaanesh divided? In my experience they work best in a big group. The more to wound rolls you roll at once means the more rends you get, at least it has worked out that way for me.

The only other thing I foresee as being a problem is the flammers. With no icon in the list it will be hard to DS them in range to use the template so its taking more of a risk then a Daemon army should IMHO. If flammers don't drop templates first turn to kill a squad or two then they are guned down easily.

---Rusty

eagleboy7259
02-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Flamers absolutely do not need an icon, they benefit from one but why drop 25-50pts on only 210pts of models?

I really like the list for the most part, the one thing that I think you might consider doing is dropping those squads of plaguebearers down to either 2x7 or 3x5. They will hold the objectives for you, but you don't need squads that big, tying up that many points in such a low level just isn't worth it. I personally have fallen under the opinion that Maw Cannon upgrades just aren't worth it, Grinders are best when they can just run freely towards enemy tanks or line troops.

I know this being an upcomming tournament you are probably limited by the models that you have, but I think with this list it would be quite possible to squeeze either another MC in there, a handful or heralds, or some horrors or bloodletters. Realistically the addition of anyone one of those things into your list would improve it.