PDA

View Full Version : Raven Guard fluff list 2k

therealjohnny5
02-07-2010, 10:05 AM
ok so many of you know i've been playing RG almost since i started. and i've never gotten around to doing a completely fluffy list as i've been trying to refine my tactics first, and have been constantly trying new units and combinations as a part of that. So here are two experimental lists i'm working with for your consideration. feedback is wanted and welcome. Thanks all.

In general we play a lot of 1500 or 2K games so ideally i'd like to be able to have both lists able to be cut to each...in general both lists are built with the idea of 1st rd assaults by two to 3 cc units with drop podding rapid fire from other units to help thin the ranks.

First List - Codex Marines (2K pts)

HQ (295)
Shrike 195

Librarian 100
- Gate & Machine Curse

Troops (665)
Scout Squad 145
-10x's CC weapons/ Melta Bomb

Scout Squad 145
-10x's CC/ MB

Tac Squad 240
-10x's/ Flamer/ Pwr Fist/ Dpod/ Locater beacon

Tac Squad 135
-5x's/ MB/ Razorback

Elite (545)
Legion of the Damned 255
-5x's\ Lascannon/ 2x's H. Flamer/ Multi-melta/ Missile Launcher

Sternguard 290
-8x's/ PF/ 2x's H. Flamer/ Dpod/ LB

Fast Attack (495)
Assault Squad 245
- 10x's/ 2x's Flamer/ Thunder hammer

Assault Squad 250
-10x's\ 2 Lighting claws/ MB/ 2x's Flamer/ Dpod/ LB

Ok so this list has only been play tested vs Tau on won both games. learned a couple things about that...originally thinking about gating the LotD around shooting at vehicles. admittedly that's the one not so fluffy unit but i took them in the name of mobility and no HS. The 5 man tac is intended to stay in reserve and come on to capture my own objective late in game as the infiltrating assault makes this a very committed in your face force. I'm considering the usefulness of the librarian since coordinating him and the LotD is a little difficult to start so they can be together. For instance second game the Libby was shot dead rd 2 and LotD came in rd 4. the only way i can think to counter this is to take a chief librarian tigirus "counts as" but he's 230 pts...not sure that he's worth it. Also cutting this list down to 1500 and maintaining adequate anti-mech presents a little challenge. So C&C away with the understanding this is supposed to be a RG fluff list. thanks.

BA "Counts As" list 2K

HQ (195)
Shrike 195

Troops (1035)
Assault Squad 255
- 10x's/ MB

Assault Squad
- 10x's/ MB/ Rhino/ Dozer blade

Tac 270
- 10x's/ PF/ Flamer/ Dpod

Tac 250
- 10x's/ MB/ Flamer/ Dpod

Elite (515)
Death Co
-5x's/ Dpod

Scout 150
- 10x's/ MB

Scout 150
- 10x's/ MB

Veteran Assault Squad 215
- 5x's/ 4x's MB/ Flamer/ Thunderhammer/ 2x's Pwr Wpn/ can take Dpod for free if i want

Fast Attack (205)
Land Speeder 65
- MM

Land Speeder 65
- MM

Land Speeder Typhoon 75
-MM/ ML

Okay so this list was only play tested at 1500 pts once against Nids by cutting the LS's and an assault squad plus most of the MB's as they aren't useful vs. Nids. And of course i know Shrike isn't BA but i threw him in there as a fluff list. I'm considering the new BA list when it comes out as an alternative to Codex until the IA:8 comes out. but then a lot of people around here don't like FW rules for some reason...anywho, again built around first round assault. the biggest lack i see here is anti-mech\ high AP firepower. Playing nids at the end of round two i had all but destroyed his entire army minus the two MC's (mawloc and tervigon) that were in reserve. those i could have run from considering my jump packs, but i knew they potentially could be my greatest challenge...C&C away pls....thanks again.