PDA

View Full Version : Badab Thoughts

Bigred
08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Here you go guys!

The Badab War campaign book is OUT! Lets hear what you are planning to do with it here.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
08-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Great read, I like how the Emperor's Poop nullifies psykers...

Was hoping to see some BFG scenarios in there, but I guess that will have to be dreamed up later

Sigose
08-04-2009, 01:11 AM
I may just take this to the local group and get shot by a bolter for suggesting to play the campain. xP I wish my local group would play campaigns more

Teh_Frm4terer
08-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Gonna play this campaign so much, my local group'll know the background off by heart.
I'm thinking of doing a Star Phantoms army now, either that or Minotaurs. Or Lamentors. Or Astral Claws. Or. Or. Or...

Thanks BoLS! *smiles towards camera with Can of BoLS close to face*

Dosadi
08-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Just finished downloading it...first impressions; "YAY!"

This is the best one yet guys (and I’m not just saying that because I play Red Corsairs). Much improved on the Heresy and Macharius books and that is saying a lot as those were fantastic.

I'm now going to spend the rest of the morning reading this thing; a more detailed analysis will follow.

Dosadi

McNs
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Great book Bigred and co! The writing's certainly improved over the years; the narrative at the beginning of this was the best you've put out yet. I also really liked the artwork for the Fall of Mantodea and the Passion of Androcles pieces. I'm not a huge 40K player, but you've convinced me to start a Fire Hawks army for the sheer "cool" factor.

Big question is: Who are the mystery boys in Black that saved Huron's bacon? The A-Team (Alpha Legion)? Crew of the Ajax travelling back in time as proto-Legion of the Damned? Tony Danza?

If I was going to offer one piece of constructive criticism, I'd suggest getting someone other than Goatboy to do the character potraits. I love his work, but the cartoony feel of it seems at odds with the rest of the book. Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait for the next one guys, keep up the good work!

- McNs

Grarg
08-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Big question is: Who are the mystery boys in Black that saved Huron's bacon? The A-Team (Alpha Legion)? Crew of the Ajax travelling back in time as proto-Legion of the Damned? Tony Danza?

Black Templar? Although, they'd tell everyone about it.

Marine with Black Armour + cloak + an Obsidian Blade? Cypher and the Fallen angels. Although that's a lot of them to show up at once.

Really nice Play Aid btw!! Color schemes are pretty neat too!

Ferro
08-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm trying to build a fluffy list for one of the 'space-borne boarding' missions that takes place in a ship-to-ship combat setting, but that really limits what I can take.

Obviously, you don't launch a Land Raider through the vaccuum, but are Dreadnoughts possible? Will the list only be Terminators (teleporting in) and Marines (via boarding torpedos)?

I'm not trying to create a 'winning' list; I want it... real.

ThePov
08-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Great work guys, very much fun. I literally just spent an hour and a half reading it cover to cover, and there was very little I didn't like, aside from a few typos. I especially liked the focus on space-combat in the story, though, as stated before, it would have been nice to see some BFG scenarios. But I think there was enough detail given for me to dream some up myself ;)

Great job guys, keep it up!

clkeagle
08-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Shall we start asking questions in this thread, or should we create a separate Badab FAQ post?

Either way, I'll get it started. I have an Executioners terminator squad (powerfists). How does Master Lavoisier's Chapter Tactics rule affect models already striking at Initiative 1?

A) The strength bonus affects the entire unit. Models already striking at Initiative 1 may claim +1 strength and suffer no other penalties, and models in their unit otherwise striking at normal initiative (Terminator Sergeant in my example) also strike at Initiative 1 with the strength bonus.
B) The strength bonus only affects models with higher-initiative attacks. Models already striking at Inititative 1 may not claim the strength bonus, but other models in their unit striking at normal initiative may claim it.

RAW indicates A, but I'm a RAI fan who isn't afraid to ask.

Inquisitor Hate Machine
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Great work guys, very much fun. I literally just spent an hour and a half reading it cover to cover, and there was very little I didn't like, aside from a few typos. I especially liked the focus on space-combat in the story, though, as stated before, it would have been nice to see some BFG scenarios. But I think there was enough detail given for me to dream some up myself ;)

Great job guys, keep it up!

I bet we as fans could do a number of interesting scenarios and send it to BigRed as maybe an additional download, something like "Battlefleet Maelstrom: The Shipping Wars and Allied Actions during the Badab War - A treatise on naval combat in and around the Maelstrom" (or some equally dry yet also awesome name)

Make a new thread and lets kick out some ideas! RALLY TO ThePov!

ThePov
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
I bet we as fans could do a number of interesting scenarios and send it to BigRed as maybe an additional download, something like "Battlefleet Maelstrom: The Shipping Wars and Allied Actions during the Badab War - A treatise on naval combat in and around the Maelstrom" (or some equally dry yet also awesome name)

Make a new thread and lets kick out some ideas! RALLY TO ThePov!
Okay then. New thread inbound.

Aventine
08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Shall we start asking questions in this thread, or should we create a separate Badab FAQ post?

Either way, I'll get it started. I have an Executioners terminator squad (powerfists). How does Master Lavoisier's Chapter Tactics rule affect models already striking at Initiative 1?

A) The strength bonus affects the entire unit. Models already striking at Initiative 1 may claim +1 strength and suffer no other penalties, and models in their unit otherwise striking at normal initiative (Terminator Sergeant in my example) also strike at Initiative 1 with the strength bonus.
B) The strength bonus only affects models with higher-initiative attacks. Models already striking at Inititative 1 may not claim the strength bonus, but other models in their unit striking at normal initiative may claim it.

RAW indicates A, but I'm a RAI fan who isn't afraid to ask.

A

clkeagle
08-05-2009, 06:46 AM
A

Awesome, thanks.

volrath8754
09-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Awesome work guys! I love it and we are just about to kick off the campaign with the start of the new term. Hopefully we will have some free time!

firedancer
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Just a quick clarification, see if I'm thinking right.

Mantis Warriors; Mantondea (sp) chapter trait permits TROOPS only to outflank.

The good master is on a bike, therefore bike squads of 5+ can be taken as troops.

I'm thinking this rule permits bike squads taken as troop unit to outflank, as long as Master M is in the army and using his chapter trait?

If it had said infantry then that would limit it to scout and tact squad, but the TROOPS implies the army selection category.

Cheers

Jwolf
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Just a quick clarification, see if I'm thinking right.

Mantis Warriors; Mantondea (sp) chapter trait permits TROOPS only to outflank.

The good master is on a bike, therefore bike squads of 5+ can be taken as troops.

I'm thinking this rule permits bike squads taken as troop unit to outflank, as long as Master M is in the army and using his chapter trait?

If it had said infantry then that would limit it to scout and tact squad, but the TROOPS implies the army selection category.

Cheers

Yes, that is correct.

firedancer
09-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Chipper.

mwuhaha, outflanking meltas and multimeltas on bikes, gotta love em.