PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard, Improved Comms Question

Lednera
08-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi guys I think they took this upgrade for vehicles but need to make sure, since I do not see it but most of the old Imperial Guard Data Sheets for Apocalypse still run on 4th Edition Imperial Guard do you think it is acceptable to play a standard game non apocalypse with upgrades that are no longer in the Codex as long as you pay the points and if not the same question but for Apocalypse or Planet Strike type games. Thanks mates.

BuFFo
08-04-2009, 01:39 AM
Can you ask again? And please have it make sense? I don't understand what your run on sentence is asking. Add punctuation please. The better I understand your question, the better I can answer it.

Going off what I think you are asking, yes, Brazil is located in South America.

RocketRollRebel
08-04-2009, 01:44 AM
I would have to say no to both since its an old codex and the rules for improved comms don't exist anymore. I suppose in a friendly game where your opponent agrees to let you mash up the two codex's I guess it would be acceptable then.

BuFFo
08-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh is that what he is asking?

Yeah, if thats something from the old IG codex, it is no longer in use normally.

Unless your gaming group doesn't mind using older rules.

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 02:55 AM
Just use upgrade costs from a Leman Russ or something - find the closest appropriate set.

That is, until GW... publishes some corrections :O

Dosadi
08-04-2009, 06:40 AM
It's officially not acceptable to mix lists from different versions of the game, officially. If you can find someone who will let you do it, then more power to you. Just don’t expect that to happen very often. And don’t expect any tournament organizer to allow it…ever.

Dosadi